Battle Trend Micro Maximum Security vs Emsisoft Antimalware vs Bitdefender Total Security

Garzaman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Hi friends :)

I am comparing the different offers that Black Friday brings and, discarded Kaspersky (it does not have good offers for my country, I have only seen them for Canada and USA, here 5 devices 89.95 €) and I have decided to buy one of these three products:
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security: 5 devices 29.95 $
  • Bitdefender Total Security: 5 devices 33.95$
  • Emsisoft Antimalware: 5 devices 49.88 €
Bitdefender is the only one that brings its own firewall, I like that, all three have an excellent BB, so for me it is difficult to decide.

Please, I need your tips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I have repeated the Bitdefender field, please, if this is your choice, vote for the one that is located in the first place until a moderator can repair my error.

@harlan4096 , thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I voted for Trend Micro. He's an allrounder against zero day and pups/adware. good signatures, behavior blocker and machine learning. clean and simple GUI (y) (Trend Micro was market leader for years)

Sure the detection of TrendMicro is pretty good, having it installed on my system the performance impact was too big.

Last edited:

Garzaman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Hi friends

First of all, thank you all for your time and your advice :)

A friend sent me a link to get Kaspersky Total Security 2018, 5 devices, 1 year for 19.20 €

I have purchased this product, as it was initially my favorite and now, in addition, it is the most economical offer.

However, I have really enjoyed reading to you all and I would like there to be more participation since I think it is a very interesting topic.

Thanks again, regards :)

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Emsisoft is my choice Bitdefender is not bad Av but its little heavy on a computer and takes so much time to scan
Emsisoft is lightweight and no impact on performance and incredible fast scan's
Emsisoft because of its excellent behaviour blocker and excellent customer support
Emsisoft support team answer faster than Bitdefender (Bitdefender have chat and email and Phone support but Emsisoft with email)
Bitdefender is cheap (33.95) and Emsisoft is (49.88) according to your given price
I suggest @Garzaman please test your own and I just give you idea about these Av

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.