- Content source
- https://youtu.be/Pa8J90QSjm0
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
At the end of video he shows results in graphical view ( 34:05 ):@Khushal thanks for posting this: I like both these AVs, but at +34 min doubt I'll watch, can someone who did provide short summary: I'm currently running each it its own win10_VM. I've got Eset Ultimate! -- I assume Eset did better based on @nickstar1 comment. Both run very well for me.

I want Trend Micro to be a better underdog. There are few competitive antivirus companies left whose software I'm inclined to personally use.
I think others have already explained in brief what was the conclusion. It was a big L for Trend Micro. ESET performed as expected.@Khushal thanks for posting this: I like both these AVs, but at +34 min doubt I'll watch, can someone who did provide short summary: I'm currently running each it its own win10_VM. I've got Eset Ultimate! -- I assume Eset did better based on @nickstar1 comment. Both run very well for me.
I want it too. But i don't think it can be even an underdog when it can't prevent host file modifications in 2025 (plus can't detect it in its scans.)I want Trend Micro to be a better underdog. There are few competitive antivirus companies left whose software I'm inclined to personally use.
Point it to AI and ask for summary.@Khushal thanks for posting this: I like both these AVs, but at +34 min doubt I'll watch, can someone who did provide short summary: I'm currently running each it its own win10_VM. I've got Eset Ultimate! -- I assume Eset did better based on @nickstar1 comment. Both run very well for me.
To be fairly honest, I have discovered a lot of issues with Trend over the years:I want it too. But i don't think it can be even an underdog when it can't prevent host file modifications in 2025 (plus can't detect it in its scans.)
I demonstrated a week or two ago about the fact that a zero day vidar 2.0 aka stealerc sample managed to steal with trend micro unable to prevent it.
Honestly, I couldn't care less for Trend. Their privacy policy is hot garbage as demonstrated by AV Comparatives "Data transmission of consumer security products" test. Most other products suck too, but at least they manage to do something right.
We have conducted a study on data transmission in consumer security products, addressing the concerns of Internet users regarding the access and usage of their personal information. While computer security software has a legitimate need to send certain system information to its manufacturers, such as details of malware for effective user protection, it is crucial that programs do not indiscriminately transmit personal data without the explicit knowledge and consent of the system’s owner. This report provides valuable insights into the data-sending practices of popular consumer security...
I want it too. But i don't think it can be even an underdog when it can't prevent host file modifications in 2025 (plus can't detect it in its scans.)
I demonstrated a week or two ago about the fact that a zero day vidar 2.0 aka stealerc sample managed to steal with trend micro unable to prevent it.
At least it's not Vidor Texas.....known as a Sundown Town.....i.e. if you are not white then you better not be caught within the border of the town once the sun goes down.Malware News
![]()
Fast, Broad, and Elusive: How Vidar Stealer 2.0 Upgrades Infostealer Capabilities | TrendAI (US)
TrendAI™ Research examines the latest version of the Vidar stealer, which features a full rewrite in C, a multithreaded architecture, and several enhancements that warrant attention. Its timely evolution suggests that Vidar is positioning itself to occupy the space left after Lumma Stealer’s...www.trendmicro.com
![]()
Fast, Broad, and Elusive: How Vidar Stealer 2.0 Upgrades Infostealer Capabilities | TrendAI (US)
TrendAI™ Research examines the latest version of the Vidar stealer, which features a full rewrite in C, a multithreaded architecture, and several enhancements that warrant attention. Its timely evolution suggests that Vidar is positioning itself to occupy the space left after Lumma Stealer’s...www.trendmicro.com
Thank god after informing them about vidar 2.0 bypassing trend, they dug deep into the issue.
- Khushal
- Replies: 2
- Forum: News Archive
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes