Aug 14, 2018
Windows Edition
Home
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Qihoo 360 Total Security premium ( buil tin glasswire firewall enabled ) -Hitman Pro Alert - Unchecky - No Virus Thanks Osarmor ( standard settings ) - 360 Document Protector
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eek - Mbam - ZHPCleaner - Adwcleaner - Hmp
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Idm extension - Webrtc Control - Netcraft Anti Phising - Lastpass - I don't Care About Cookies - IdnSafe - Privacy Possum - Scriptsafe - 360 Anti Mining - 360 Internet Protection - Decentraleyes - Ublock Origin - Ublock Origin Extra. On Google Chrome ( main ) and Firefox
Maintenance tools
Wisecare 365 Pro - Privazer - Kerish Doctor
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free and Eazyfix v11 Professional ( systemwide )
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Wow! I love it! :)
How works Rollback Rx Home with Macrium?
Many times I have thought about installing it, but I seem to overload the system. You know that I trust your knowledge and experience, so I would like to know if there is a problem or if you need to take some precaution to coexist in my system
Thank you :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Great config! (y)
Although you don't need "I don't care about cookies" extension as Adguard already has a filter for it, just enable it in the settings.

I know about this feature in adguard :) but die some strange reason , when I tick this option in filter options , it litterally doesn't do anything when I browse websites behind a cookiewall :( that is why I did ad the I don t care about cookies extension in both Chrome and vivaldi.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Great config! (y)
Although you don't need "I don't care about cookies" extension as Adguard already has a filter for it, just enable it in the settings.
I know about this feature in adguard :) but die some strange reason , when I tick this option in filter options , it litterally doesn't do anything when I browse websites behind a cookiewall :( that is why I did ad the I don t care about cookies extension in both Chrome and vivaldi.
It's recommended to use an extension because the filter list isn't effective as browser extension. Author of the extension mentioned that on extension's website I don't care about cookies. :)

Nice config BTW. ;)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
It's recommended to use an extension because the filter list isn't effective as browser extension. Author of the extension mentioned that on extension's website. :)

I don't care about cookies

Nice config BTW. ;)

Thanks for the share Marko! :)

Wow! I love it! :)
How works Rollback Rx Home with Macrium?
Many times I have thought about installing it, but I seem to overload the system. You know that I trust your knowledge and experience, so I would like to know if there is a problem or if you need to take some precaution to coexist in my system
Thank you :)

It works as it's supposed to on my system. There are rare exceptions Of course where it might not work like it's supposed to.just make sure that you have a good backup of your current system setup and them install rbrx home ( it does make a baseline snapshot during install , computer needs to reboot ) when things go south , you can revert back to your latest image created with macrium. I use rollback rx as an extra precaution in case of HDD failure , faulty update or nasty malware / ransom attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

plat1098

How do you like NVT OSArmor, @Trickster? Hard to believe this debuted only on December 17, 2017. It's also proven its merit on here by blocking a couple of bad scripts. A keeper so far, right? :)

I had a question about the various cleaners you listed--do you use/recommend one (or more?) daily? Weekly? I use one daily but it's like washing your hair--too often and it takes its toll on your hair/SSD. Anyone have a vague guide to when it's definitely time to clean house?

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
How do you like NVT OSArmor, @Trickster? Hard to believe this debuted only on December 17, 2017. It's also proven its merit on here by blocking a couple of bad scripts. A keeper so far, right? :)

I had a question about the various cleaners you listed--do you use/recommend one (or more?) daily? Weekly? I use one daily but it's like washing your hair--too often and it takes its toll on your hair/SSD. Anyone have a vague guide to when it's definitely time to clean house?

@plat1098 : I do actually wash my hair with olive shampoo because of the petroleum / oil based pomade I use ;) when it comes to cleaning I do it about once a month , bleachbit on a weekly basis kerish and privazer per month. I do not have to use a 3rd party defragmenter or windows optimisation tools ( I have those disabled ) because rbrx does this task.my favorite cleaners are wisecare and kerish for system maintainance I do like nvt os armor because of its easy of use and the extra comfort and protection it deploys , without too much hassle like other products!

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
First change in config : removed KPN veilig , it bricked my system : memory leakes, huge cpu spikes during updates , slowdown of browsing speed.

Replaced with kaspersky free and comodo firewall 10 @ cs settings..

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
first of all , sorry for not being active for all long time here on MT! I sort of lost all interest in this forum , but I will be contributing more often here from now on.

I did recently reinstall my windows 10 , and this resulted in this security config :

I did fully tweak chrome and firefox for better security and privacy , uninstalled edge completely and make us of various privacy tweakers for windows 10 , as well as NVT syshardener tweaked. as VPN I use TigerVPN for over a year now and it serves me well!!

Black Wings

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 20, 2018
For me, it´s a good config. Please, how does Qihoo currently behave? - I'm talking about security and performance - and another question, isn't MBAE redundant with OSA?

I used to love Qihoo, but it seems that its protection capacity has gone to less and its privacy policy is not the most convenient.

Thank you for sharing your config and thank you for answering my questions. :)

FrFc1908

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Is pop-up blocker really needed these days? Ublock origin can do it aswell

hey moonhorse! I was fiddeling around with ublock and could not find a filter like that , so I installed an etra extension for that , just to be safe ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.