Serious Discussion uBlock Origin Lite - General Discussions

Web Extensions
178 Replies 27,285 Views
Those who install uBoL in Firefox only have version 2026.111.1925 available.
The two most recent versions of uBoL for Firefox are not available.

I assumed that an extension installed using this method would not update automatically, so I even opened a issue regarding the delay in updating uBoL for Firefox, which was then closed by Gorhill.

Today, as I have a little more free time, I opened uBoL's manifest.json and was delighted to discover that the extension supported automatic updates, :ROFLMAO: provided they were available on GitHub.

I wanted to share this little discovery with the forum members.(y);)
 
Last edited:
It is absurd that uBoL users for Firefox are forced to use uBoL.Firefox.signed.xpi, which was released a month ago.

It is probably not Mr. Hill's fault that Github does not publish updates.

So I added a further comment to the report I had made, considering that it is not possible for every user to criticize what they call the delay in releasing updates.

It is time for the team to review this lack of priority.
 
It is interesting to note that, in addition to me, the simultaneous use of uBo + uBoL is also supported by

@u-RraaLL.

Obviously, its configuration has a different purpose.

But this possibility is real and works without problems, provided the necessary precautions are taken.

It could be a step forward in experimentation for other users.;)(y)
 
Question Sampei-san,

When you only use your DNR rules, why do you bother updating the extension? As far as I know after the development of uBol focuses on implementing (more complex) procedural blocking (which you are using uBo for).

It's not for me, I do everything as usual with others in mind.
I've always had the character of a good Samaritan!;)
 
@Sampei.Nihira
dnrubol.PNG
 
Because it was replaced via browser.

P.S.
If present and active.........................;)
local-network-access-check ?
uhm have to disable-it in ubol cause already activated this flag.
And using both ag and ubol (you're filters settings + AI widgets) give more privacy
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top