uBlock Origin new filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
Hello all, I have a question on ublock origin's possibly new filter.

In the image below all the little icons (on all my websites) are not just little blocks with some letters inside the block. It is not too bad as I can hover my mouse over the icon and get a balloon tip as to what the block is, just wondering why this was done, as it did not use to do this and I have used uBlock Origin for a long while.

ublock%27s.JPG

Any thoughts?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Have you tried temporarily disabling uBlock Origin to see if it really is the culprit?

Reactions: Andytay70

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Logoff, clear cache and cookies first then logon after that disable and enable each of the filters in uBlock Origin to see what filter causes this.

Last edited:

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I have no problems with ublock in this site though I use all default filters+hp hosts personalized.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's this New uBlock Origin Filter called?

ozone

Level 3
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
I know only one font specific filter (Fanboy's Anti-thirdparty Fonts), and this filter does not affect MT, I think you've blocked remote fonts

check in settings if you have Block remote fonts enabled, if yes disable it

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
If you're running EMET (or other app that blocks untrusted fonts), disable that function. I had this problem with a piece of software (Zoner 17) caused by EMET.

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
Hi everyone, it was the remote fonts toggle switch from when you click on the icon in the tool bar next to the address block. I had not set this I just installed so it came as default. (it is on the bottom right of menu looks like a capital A with a little number 1 on bottom of A)

I knew it was uBlock origin because I uninstalled it to see and everything was okay, but I dislike ads so I reinstalled and was just living with it until I decided to see if anyone else had this problem, :)

Thanks, I have disabled this function, but is there a security reason to leave it enabled??

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the issue.
For sites like Malware tips i have disabled uBlock origin and find it works fine for me, and other sights i have tweaked it to my liking whilst still having some sort of privacy/security.

ricliz23

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2017
Thanks Andytay70, I appreciate the link but fear it is way to technical for me. For the sites I visit it seems to work allright with just the defaults so for now I will just leave it. :)

Reactions: Andytay70
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.