Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Just noticed something interesting on this pre-release version of uBlock Origin 1.53.1b9 on GitHub:

New​

Differential update of filter lists, as a result of discussions at AdguardTeam/FiltersCompiler#192. Resulting spec is here.

inkscape

The goal is to NOT be ranked among the "most popular projects" by bandwidth usage (as per jsDelivr's public stats):

jsDelivr stats

It is expected that differential updates will lower both requests and bandwidth usage.

To benefit the much shorter update period enabled by differential updates, you must let uBO auto-update the filter lists. Forcing a manual update will prevent differential updates until the next time a list auto-update.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.53.2 released for MS Edge only:
No change from 1.53.0. This release exists only as an attempt to unstuck publishing of 1.53.0 in Microsoft Edge Addons store.
And that worked, Edge is now on 1.53.2 (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.53.4 released for MS Edge only:
This release is essentially just 1.53.0 plus a fix to address an issue in uBO, but which so far has affected only Microsoft Edge as per reports:
The fix:
Other browsers will get that fix in stable release 1.54.0.
Not in the store yet:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I have on Thunderbird, uBlock Origin 1.49.2 as the latest version, anyone may can confirm?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have on Thunderbird, uBlock Origin 1.49.2 as the latest version, anyone may can confirm?
uBO on Thunderbird's Add-Ons subdomain has not been updated for around 6 months or so at the time of writing.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
News flash! From GitHub - LennyFox/Blocklists: My personal blocklist
Due to lack of time, I am archiving this project. For people using my uBlock medium mode filter, have a look at Kees1958 blocklists

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.