Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBlock Origin 1.49.2 released on GitHub. Not available yet on all browsers web store...

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBO 1.49.3rc1 released. View Releases · gorhill/uBlock
Very interesting:
Add back AdGuard Tracking Protection
Just noticed, AdGuard Tracking Protection appeared under Privacy even for current version uBO 1.49.2 👍

2023-05-25 14 29 43.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I learned this more than week ago from Yuki but forgot to share here which is, uBlock Origin is adding support for scriptlets like there is in Adguard that can auto-click on cookies notices, auto-click on skip timers, etc.
It's coming to Trusted filter lists first, and later there will be options for users to manually trust whatever list they want.
Good to see Gorhill changing his mind on this because in the past he said he'll never make it available in uBO for security concerns.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBOLite_1.0.23.6136 released:
uBO Lite (uBOL), an experimental permission-less MV3 API-based content blocker.

See summary description/documentation.

Release notes​

Refer to log.txt to see filters which could not be converted due to MV3 incompatibility. At the moment not all discarded filters are necessarily reported in there

Install from the Chrome Web Store

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBOLite_1.0.23.6195 released today on GitHub:
uBO Lite (uBOL), an experimental permission-less MV3 API-based content blocker.

See summary description/documentation.

Release notes​

Refer to log.txt to see filters which could not be converted due to MV3 incompatibility. At the moment not all discarded filters are necessarily reported in there

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
FYI: Kees1958 posted this recently:
For some reason I am limited to around 580 lines to copy at once. This is the reason the old EU-US most used has been deleted, After a mass update (deleting all rules and copying new sorted rules back again), I only showed the first 580 lines. I tried copying, pasting and importing the new batch update, but all methods were limited to around 580 lines.The old Most used EU-US now is labelled MV2. I decided to copy and paste the over 6500 rules in batches of 500. The file in total is only 10KB, so it can't be the large file limitation. When someone knwos a workaround please mail me or explain it by opening an issue.
GitHub - Kees1958/W3C_annual_most_used_survey_blocklist: This blocklist is based on published surveys of most used advertising and tracking technology

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBOLite_1.0.23.7095, already available on Chrome web store: uBlock Origin Lite

Release notes​

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBOLite_1.0.23.7135 released today on GitHub:

Release notes​

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.