New Update uBlock Origin update thread

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
uBlock Origin 1.48.0 released today on github, but probably takes a while until available on all app stores...

IIRC, ublock origin updates automatically, correct?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.48.0 released today on github, but probably takes a while until available on all app stores...

Thanks for posting this info, after the update of Edge today the uBlock Origin icon turned yellow for a moment and now I know what that is.
I have ticked the setting "Suspend network activity until all filter lists are loaded".
The Edge store has version 1.48.0 now.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Advanced Security - oldschool's 2023 surfing laptop configuration
Yes because I've never used them.
That's alright. Gorhill and Adguard don't like generic cosmetic filters either, especially for Annoyance filters. But I notice that in your two annoyance filters there's barely any rule that's not generic. For example, "I don't care about cookies", only 1,355 out of 25,608 are being used meaning only the used ones are not generic. This indicates that the filter is almost entirely generic filter based and might not be very helpful. That's not a good thing since generic filters have performance impact (Though I don't notice in real life).
It doesn't appear to make any difference in the number of used/unused rules with this setting enabled or disabled, as far as I can see. 🤔

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@oldschool or can someone please tell me why uBlock Origin sometimes gets a yellow exclamation mark? Thanks!
Screensot-uBlock Origin.PNG

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.48.4 released
  • Firefox: Review pending
  • Chromium: Submission pending
    • Note: I am unable to publish a new version in the CWS, the version 1.48.0 went back to Pending review status after I raised the distribution to 100%, despite that version being currently distributed by the CWS. I suggest you just move to a browser which supports timely update -- the CWS is a burden when it comes to publish emergency revisions.
  • Edge: Install from Microsoft Store: uBlock Origin - Microsoft Edge Addons
    • The Microsoft Store version of uBO is published by Nicole Rolls
  • Opera: Review pending
At the moment Firefox, Edge and Opera are on 1.48.2 and Chrome is stuck at 1.48.0.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
uBlock Origin 1.48.4 released

At the moment Firefox, Edge and Opera are on 1.48.2 and Chrome is stuck at 1.48.0.
  • Note: I am unable to publish a new version in the CWS, the version 1.48.0 went back to Pending review status after I raised the distribution to 100%, despite that version being currently distributed by the CWS. I suggest you just move to a browser which supports timely update -- the CWS is a burden when it comes to publish emergency revisions.
Drama for nothing?
The Chrome Store just got the update to 1.48.4.
The only store that has not got that update is from Firefox, still on 1.48.2.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBlock Origin 1.48.8 released on GitHub. Seems to be unavailable yet on all browsers web store...

Notes​

This release mostly benefits Chromium-based browsers. I haven't decided yet if it's worth publishing this release on AMO since the main issue addressed here does not affect Firefox.

Fixes / changes​

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Not sure if that will happen:
This release mostly benefits Chromium-based browsers. I haven't decided yet if it's worth publishing this release on AMO since the main issue addressed here does not affect Firefox.
Is not really needed.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
uBlock Origin 1.49.0 released on GitHub.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.