Hot Take uBlock Stripped - Dynamic Filtering is available on the webstore

Web Extensions
390 Replies 33,533 Views
Thread details
It’s certainly more efficient this way with UD.;)(y)

But there’s a problem with some websites: you have to repeat the operation because the system seems to freeze, and a pop-up appears at the top pointing this out and asking you to try again.
I think you know what I’m talking about.
Repeating the operation doesn’t always work, so you have to keep trying.

I have no idea if this behavior is due to the fact that I have a policy that doesn’t save browsing history in Brave.

When you finally succeed, you’ll find that this system,at least on a slow computer like mine.shows a longer delay (ad-flicker) after closing and reopening the browser, during which both the age verification prompt and the cookie consent pop-up appear and then, of course, disappear.

This delay (ad-flicker) is certainly longer than on other websites where the long rule works correctly.

So you can imagine that I use these rules on a few particularly challenging websites, which make up only a small fraction of all websites.
 
It’s certainly more efficient this way with UD.;)(y)

But there’s a problem with some websites: you have to repeat the operation because the system seems to freeze
Some website have an deliberate wait like NYtimes, where you have to add 2 x Cookie consent clicker because the scriptlet is triggered with a lower delay than the websites scripts trying to unhook it. So you either click cookies or wait until websites has rebuild.
 
Last edited:
Version 10.1.18 is on Chrome Web Store

When you add below lines to ABP-Import the in-video ads on CNN should be skipped

! CNN skip video ads with uBlock Dynamic SAFE scriptlets
cnn.com#%#//scriptlet('disable-fave-ssai')
cnn.com#%#//scriptlet('stub-window-object', 'AdFuel', 'queueRegistry,destroySlots', '500')

Version 10.1.19 is send to CWS which has above rules in the badfilter-quick fixes ilist on my Github
When scriptlets are updated a review is nessecary, developers can't use the automatic update
(when review is considered necessary by Google even with a SAFE scriptlet update, would that be a hint :-) )
 
Version 10.1.18 is on Chrome Web Store
When you add below lines to ABP-Import the in-video ads on CNN should be skipped
! CNN skip video ads with uBlock Dynamic SAFE scriptlets
cnn.com#%#//scriptlet('disable-fave-ssai')
cnn.com#%#//scriptlet('stub-window-object', 'AdFuel', 'queueRegistry,destroySlots', '500')
1279.jpg1278.jpg
https://www.cnn.com/2026/10/09/weather/live-news/hurricane-isaias-gulf-storm
 
Last edited:
Then, I'm doing something wrong = #384.
Do you have AdGuard base enabled? Do you have other adblockers running also? Can you try whether Starting Worry-free mode makes a difference?
Did you copy paste the rules or entered them manually? Did you quit the browser completely (Mv3 sometimes keeps stuff in cache)?
 
Do you have AdGuard base enabled? Do you have other adblockers running also? Can you try whether Starting Worry-free mode makes a difference?
Did you copy paste the rules or entered them manually? Did you quit the browser completely (Mv3 sometimes keeps stuff in cache)?
copy/paste | Worry-free mode active at startup | recycle Chrome = yes | no other adblocker | all uBD boxes checked |
I'll test again....
 
With the scriplets for CNN, visiting that link makes the counter go up so insanely fast. What are they doing with that site at CNN? :)
I have to see whether I can make the AG rule Mv3 proof which switches of the script that tries to reinstall advertising stuff (that might be the reason the counter goes bazerk). Thanks for reporting, I had not realized this.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top