New Update UCheck: Software Update Checker & Installer

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
It's really the same, it's just that we don't assure you that it works on 100% installers.
Unchecky is the same, they just don't tell you.

But that neither you or Unchecky can asure anyone 100% safety is a given for anyone who understands a little about this matter and that is why i wonder about your method, your alternative way. It seems cumbersome. You still have not answered my question fully as to why this method instead of a much simpler one. Hence my question: Why not all? A question that got even more valid based on your answer above. If it is the same, why not all, which it could be with the Unchecky method. Now you have limited the programs usage with this way, and therefore potential buyers/donators.

Anyway, uninstallers leave a lot of leftovers so with a really good uninstaller that monitors i think your program will be interesting for a broader public. It would also then be able to uninstall, FULLY, a "slip by" of an ad-ware, for later manual installation of the same.

Good luck!

Reactions: Nevi and ZeePriest

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
But that neither you or Unchecky can asure anyone 100% safety is a given for anyone who understands a little about this matter and that is why i wonder about your method, your alternative way. It seems cumbersome. You still have not answered my question fully as to why this method instead of a much simpler one. Hence my question: Why not all? A question that got even more valid based on your answer above. If it is the same, why not all, which it could be with the Unchecky method. Now you have limited the programs usage with this way, and therefore potential buyers/donators.

Anyway, uninstallers leave a lot of leftovers so with a really good uninstaller that monitors i think your program will be interesting for a broader public. It would also then be able to uninstall, FULLY, a "slip by" of an ad-ware, for later manual installation of the same.

Reactions: Nevi and ZeePriest

Kyle_Katarn

From KC Softwares
Verified
Developer
Sep 28, 2013
I agree with you Kyle.

To bad neither program can monitor programs that has no version info in the .exe file :(
SUMo does in some cases. Check it out and let me know in the dedicated thread if you miss a popular software in your SUMo list :)

Tigzy

From Adlice
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Mar 15, 2017
Version 4.1.0 available :)
Anti-PUP protection is now much faster and robust ! You can also launch any installer under PUP protection (not all installers supported though)
Also the cache is now user friendly and can be used to create an installer copy anywhere.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
UCheck V4.4.1 05/05/2022
- Updated to core 6.4.0
* Windows 11 official support
* Logs reduction
* Minor fixes
- Added/Updated translations
* NEW: Spanish
* NEW: Japanese
* NEW: Dutch
* NEW: Portuguese
* NEW: Brazilian
* NEW: Polish
* NEW: Italian
* NEW: Arabic
* NEW: Japanese
* NEW: Turkish
Changelog:
Homepage:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
V4.10.1 09/14/2023
=================
- Updated to core 6.12.1-fix
* Fixed bad server URL (slower requests)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
V4.10.2 09/20/2023
- Updated to core 6.12.2
* UCheck: Added support for portable links
* Fixed performance issue in UCheck engine
* Fixes for UCheck portable detection / installation
* Updater 4.1.1, fixed some download links for portable versions
* Minor Fixes
- Minor fix for settings revert to default
- Added portable meta to cache serialization
- UI changes (color, labels) for portable soft

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
From @Tigzy at Wilders:
Ok, I've received dozens of messages, here, there, on our support ticketing system and forum. That's great, really, I'm very happy with all the feedback.
However, It's really overwhelming
:argh:
:ROFLMAO:

Yes we will try to support software X, Y, Z. We will, but not now.
Currently the priority is 2 things:

- Build a "Community feedback" system. It will collect software list from all the clients (having the feature enabled, it will be by default...) and send it to us.
This will create a supported (limited) list of software, with current version. This list will be then served back to the clients to find MORE SOFTWARE (ideally ALL of them) and tell if there's a newer version.
So I'm pretty confident all your X,Y,Z software will be in this list, and have limited-support by UCheck once this is deployed. The name of the software doesn't matter at this stage.

- Then. This community feedback list will obviously have more entries for the most popular software.
We will (internally) use this list as a TODO list, and iterate through it top to bottom and add them for FULL-support (which means ability to update/install from UCheck).
That way we ensure we don't add them randomly (or on demand), and focus on the most seen software first.

Hope that answers most of the questions about UCheck not supporting X,Y,Z
:isay:
:whistle:
So please, for now, refrain from asking to add new software to the compatibility list. It's not going to happen short term.

Portable software compatibility will come next, because it's way more complicated than installed ones.
Basically any folder can contain any type of file, and we cannot trust the clients when it comes to database feeding.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
New portable beta version posted on Wilders:
Please dont' share this link as it's not officially supported outside of this thread.
Also it doesn't have all the fancy GDPR stuff below inside of it:

This version uploads your programs' list to our server (Program name, version, publisher). There's no way to turn it off (in this version).
So if you don't agree with this, please stick to the latest release build from the official channels.

Please do some scans to populate the database, and see if everything works properly.
After enough people have sent their list, and if enough people have the same software, those will be promoted and you will see them in "Gray" inside Installed tab.
If you version is outdated, you will also see an item into "Updates" tab.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, I think it is best to post the issues at Wilders
Ok, I've received dozens of messages, here, there, on our support ticketing system and forum. That's great, really, I'm very happy with all the feedback.
However, It's really overwhelming :ROFLMAO:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
From @Tigzy at Wilders:
Sorry, I will take the time to read all of this tomorrow.
For now, I'm just dropping another BETA (same link): https://download.adlice.com/UCheck/Beta/UCheck64.exe

I've also wiped all production data for community feedback, so that we restart from fresh (too much garbage)
If it's good enough, next time I'll just clean the buggy lines one / one.
This. Is. BETA. Release.
Actually, it's should even be called ALPHA rather than BETA. As I don't have all software of the world on my test machne, I need users' data to know what to do, what to fix. We are in this phase right now.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
i not have beta key to test this soft
i test free version, i cant add .exe file !
in sumo work, please update !
i whait discount for beta testers

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Currently the dev is working on a "Community feedback" system that will collect INSTALLED software list from all the clients.
So your exe will be in the list, the only exception is portable software.
Portable software is not a priority right now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.