Solved Ugh! Norton Safe Web incompatible with Firefox 7.0.1?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
I installed Norton Safe Web Lite, but when I checked the Firefox add-ons, it said "Norton Safe Web Lite Toolbar is incompatible with Firefox 7.0.1." and it's disabled. What the heck? How do I fix it?

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
gbpackerfan said:
I installed Norton Safe Web Lite, but when I checked the Firefox add-ons, it said "Norton Safe Web Lite Toolbar is incompatible with Firefox 7.0.1." and it's disabled. What the heck? How do I fix it?

You have to wait until Norton updates it.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You need to check on Norton Forums regarding to the announcement of new version that may fix the issue of incompatibility.

For the temporary solution you can go to about:config and make a new boolean and set it to false.

Code:
 extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0

If necessarily you want to turn off the compatibility checker addon

Upvote 0

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
jamescv7 said:
You need to check on Norton Forums regarding to the announcement of new version that may fix the issue of incompatibility.

For the temporary solution you can go to about:config and make a new boolean and set it to false.

Code:
 extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0

If necessarily you want to turn off the compatibility checker addon

Tried it! Thanks!

Upvote 0

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
yes norton take some time for the update

Everything is fine for me?? #

23t2mpx.png

Upvote 0

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
Tomo172 said:
Maybe Safe web lite is at a different version than the one bundled with NIS/NAV?

well i tried installing it but norton says i already have it installed, but maybe your right

Yeah, because it didn't work for me... I just uninstalled it, too much of a hassle.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.