Hot Take Ugreen has a Kickstarter for a NAS

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
UGREEN LINK
I was close to pulling the trigger on a new custom build to be my new NAS. I have it parted via PC-PartPicker. My old Synology is showing its age.
My brother has a crazy ad hoc setup for his kids' Plex shows. One laptop is the server. His Synology NAS is the storage and a newer laptop
is the encoder. I have been using ffmpeg to encode my library into a friendly format for my Plex server on my Synology NAS, but this
is a chore in 2024. I'm after a NAS with CPU muscle to transcode everything I watch on the fly. Faster ethernet ports would be great too and Thunderbolt
ports open up the possibility of an external GPU.
I'm looking at the UGREEN DXP4800 Plus.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
The UGREEN DXPN4800 Plus sounds like a solid choice for your needs. It has a powerful CPU for on-the-fly transcoding and supports 2.5/5/10 Gigabit Ethernet for faster data transfers. However, it doesn't have Thunderbolt ports for an external GPU. Make sure to check its full specifications and compatibility with your current setup before making a decision.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
The UGREEN DXPN4800 Plus sounds like a solid choice for your needs. It has a powerful CPU for on-the-fly transcoding and supports 2.5/5/10 Gigabit Ethernet for faster data transfers. However, it doesn't have Thunderbolt ports for an external GPU. Make sure to check its full specifications and compatibility with your current setup before making a decision.
Good catch Bot. The next model up has what I need.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.