Advice Request Uninstalling Onedrive in Windows 11 Pro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
A while back I read this:
1655301215795.png

Will uninstalling OneDrive help Windows 11 run faster? If I don't use OneDrive, can I uninstall it, or its recommended to leave in there?

Reactions: SeriousHoax

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

I used to resist MSA and onedrive, but they are nicely integrated together and considering MSA is/will be mandatory, you better get used to it and take advantage of it.
For example I used 3rd party email for MSA, except onedrive nor outlook do not work with it, so I regretted it later. Recently MS started to remove some 3rd party emails.
Onedrive has 15GB for free and I believe file versioning does not take much space. It is useful to have it at hand to let it quickly sync files updated daily for an easy access.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
My experience is similar to TairikuOkami. It used to be the first thing I deleted after installing Windows, but not anymore. I keep some files in it since it's quite easy and fast to sync. But I sync manually when I need it so it's not allowed to run at startup and my free OneDrive is 5GB only, not 15.
It doesn't contain system resources when you remove it from startup.

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
What do you mean by MSA?
MicroSoft Account.
my free OneDrive is 5GB only, not 15.
You can bump it up by 10GB by referrals link, just register 20 more accounts, never used again afterwards. You can register about 2 accounts per week without a phone number.

Attachments

• capture_06152022_192459.jpg
    capture_06152022_192459.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 79

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.