Troubleshoot Unsure Which Battery to Get or Wether to Get a New One at All

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Hey guys! So I have had this old HP Pavillion G7 Notebook PC for quite awhile. Even being quite a bit outdated it runs amazingly well, sometimes even better than my newer computer. Although I don't use it much I am thinking of getting a new computer battery for it. Lots of sites put it about $20 which isn't an issue monitary wise. However, it gives a ton of letters and numbers after the G7 and non of the store ones are the same. Would they work for the computer. Is it even worth the investment? What are your thoughts..

Edit: Digging around what would you guys think of this? Search Results For: hp pavilion g7

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Besides needing to fit in the battery compartment properly and with the electrical contacts aligned, the Volts needs to be same as your current battery and the mAh needs to be at least the same or larger - definitely not smaller.

You need to look up using the exact model number of your notebook. Batteries Plus would suggest there nearly 100 different Pavilion G7 models.

Reactions: SHvFl and DJ Panda
Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Besides needing to fit in the battery compartment properly and with the electrical contacts aligned, the Volts needs to be same as your current battery and the mAh needs to be at least the same or larger - definitely not smaller.

You need to look up using the exact model number of your notebook. Batteries Plus would suggest there nearly 100 different Pavilion G7 models.

Any idea where the information on the model number can be located? Some sort of software to get this information?

Upvote 0

DJ Panda

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Not sure which one it is. Neither one appears in the batteryplus thing.
20170602_161306.jpg
20170602_161324.jpg

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Just search the respective laptop model and it will show the identical battery model.

It's safe to buy on Ebay, Newegg and others as long you need to scan the buyer information first.

Of course in HP store, 100 % valid and safe to purchase products.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.