Windows Defender with ZoneAlarm
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Hitman Pro
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome with AdBlock Plus, Avast Online Safe and Tampermonkey
Maintenance tools
Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware, CCleaner, Secunia PSI, TrueCrypt with built-in BitLocker
File and Photo backup
Marcium Reflect
System recovery
RollbackRx

viettungvuong2003

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2016
I'd get HitmanPro.Alert. I believe after the trial of the full version you keep a very good free program. I would add a browser extension in Chrome from one of the AV companies, maybe Avira or Avast--there's probably several to choose from for free. You can also get free online protection by immunization from HostsMan, Spybot, and Spyware Blaster.

I would add LastPass for a password manager.

If you're open to a light AV, you might grab the next giveaway of Advanced System Care Ultimate, which has the Bitdefender engine.

Macrium Reflect is pretty good.

I forget to install Avast Online Safe, which is the only security extension of my browser

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it's still pretty easy to install unknown software, even with Smartscreen. You just click on the little link offering more information or something like that, and it lets you past the blocking.

Reactions: viettungvuong2003

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Thanks for sharing your Security Config :)
What is the version number of the TrueCrypt that you installed ?
I stopped using TrueCrypt after this : TrueCrypt

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.