App Review Vipre Advanced Security BETA

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Hello and welcome to the Vipre BETA test.
Vipre is a well-known antivirus software edited by ThreatTrack, formerly managed by SunBelt and GFI.
Vipre has always been known by geeks or computer security enthusiasts, but not by novices.

For this version, Vipre comes back with improvements like the AMSI system, or a new behavioral blocker!
But, Vipre abandons its excellent anti-malware scanner to use the Bitdefender engine.

The interface has not changed at all. On the other hand, a memory and file processing optimization has been done, and the optimization is violent! It's light and fast, I love it.

The detection is still very good! Vipre even blocks the download of the fake crack! I don't know how it does it since it contains a password, but I applaud it!

On the files, VIPRE did not surprise! It manages without any problem to catch up with everything I launch! It blocks and disinfects the machine thanks to its behavioral shield (VIPRE.Behavior), I really loved how it works.
Attention, it is not activated by default, too bad.

This BETA version is very promising and for the first time, Vipre finally enters my recommended antivirus!
Congratulations!

RAM Usage : Low
Malware URL test : 10/10 (All blocked)
Fake crack : 1/1 (The fake crack could not be launched, Vipre has detected directly)
Malware Pack : Remaining 21 files out of 223.
Very surprised by Vipre..
He blocked all the attacks we gave him with his new VIPRE.Behavior shield!
Just one false positive from the pack was in memory (Tencent) that we don't count

Resistance to script attacks: Yes

Result :
Vipre : 0
NPE: 0

Recommand : Yes, recommanded
System Clean : Yes, system protected and clean

@BigWrench and @SecureKongo request

With everyone using either Bidefender or Kaspersky engines; what separates those solutions? Just engine optimizations?

I feel like the home user anti-malware landscape is becoming to look like the browser landscape. Basically among all the multiple browsers out there in reality there is only 3. Chrome, Firefox and opera. The rest are just lipsticks on a....

Now corporate landscape is expanding heavily into ML and AI but the home user one seems stagnant in those areas.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
With everyone using either Bidefender or Kaspersky engines; what separates those solutions? Just engine optimizations?

I feel like the home user anti-malware landscape is becoming to look like the browser landscape. Basically among all the multiple browsers out there in reality there is only 3. Chrome, Firefox and opera. The rest are just lipsticks on a....

Now corporate landscape is expanding heavily into ML and AI but the home user one seems stagnant in those areas.

Indeed, it's seen as "optimizations", but I'd say it's more a case of using Bitdefender or Kaspersky performance without being completely with them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.