kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
@kev216 what is the best cookie manager for Vivaldi as it is the only thing holding me back. ;)
I don't know if you have noticed in the whole sequence of snapshots but since a few versions they added a simple cookie manager in it under the settings > Privacy
cookies.PNG
If you need something more advanced, you can use an extension for it. You can add almost every chrome extension to Vivaldi. Just open the chrome webstore page (or go to the Vivaldi menu > Tools > Extensions > Browser through Chrome webstore) and you can install them by clicking on the blue "Add to Chrome" button. A good one I heard from other people and also a very popular one is EditThisCookie, but I've never used it myself to be honest.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
New snapshot already :)
rsz_cezad6qwsaadwb3.jpg

Changelog
  • [Regression] Bookmarklets stopped working (VB-14417)
  • [Regression] Space when focus on YouTube player navigation UI in fullscreen video activates Fast Forward instead of pause (VB-14553)
  • [Regression] Duplicate Tab gesture in Settings should be renamed to New Tab (VB-13655)
  • [Regression] Audio indicator in pinned tab disappears when changing tab (VB-14570)
  • Support master password when importing passwords from Opera 12: This fixes several other import bugs (VB-5048)
  • Typing too fast leads to incorrect auto complete (VB-14639)
  • Capitalisation problem through URL auto complete (VB-13990)
  • Auto complete on bookmarks title fails if title has space (VB-14640)
  • Speed Dial group deleted to Trash but not disappearing from Start Page (VB-13160)
  • Speed Dial doesn't allow adding bookmarks (VB-10623)
  • Cannot access vertical menu with keyboard shortcuts (VB-14302)
  • Settings / Bookmarks / Behavior / Open "Boookmarks" in New Tab. Misspelling of Bookmarks (VB-14672)
  • Extension buttons show up in private windows (VB-9201)
  • Poorly visible text of the hidden interface on browser bar (VB-14394)
  • Upgraded to Chromium 49.0.2623.110
Download (1.0.435.5)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I don't know if you have noticed in the whole sequence of snapshots but since a few versions they added a simple cookie manager in it under the settings > Privacy
View attachment 91608
If you need something more advanced, you can use an extension for it. You can add almost every chrome extension to Vivaldi. Just open the chrome webstore page (or go to the Vivaldi menu > Tools > Extensions > Browser through Chrome webstore) and you can install them by clicking on the blue "Add to Chrome" button. A good one I heard from other people and also a very popular one is EditThisCookie, but I've never used it myself to be honest.
Thanks but i had not noticed checking it out now. Cheers. ;)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
One thing that i liked in Vivaldi when i tried it was it's size.
The size of the browser was 110 or 180 MB in comparison to Cent that i am using now.
Cent's size is almost 600 MB.
That's a big difference since both browsers are Chromium based.
Now you will ask me why does this matter. Well for me does matter since i have installed an SSD with 120 GB so any MB i can
save it will be needed for my back up and some other programs.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Snapshot 1.0.435.22
rsz_ce5wjkiweaatuoe.jpg

Changelog

• [Regression] Poorly visible text of the hidden interface on browser bar (VB-14394)
  • [Windows] [Linux] Some Alt key shortcuts to access the Vivaldi menu do not work (VB-14737)
  • [Mac] Facebook embedded video do not play (VB-12544)
  • Saving session with some special characters in session name fails silently (VB-13427)
  • Extension doesn't work (Lightshot) : captureVisibleTab API (VB-11013)
  • Clearing history deletes SpeedDial thumbnails (VB-9601)
Download (1.0.435.22)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I downloaded and installed the Vivaldi, just say one thing, if the browser remain so will become my default browser very soon! Starts fast, very fast open pages so far showed no crashes (using the 64bit version), and I liked how it changes color! Facebook it turns blue, green Google, YouTube red, blue MT, liked! I hope you soon get the email client, since that browser seen to be very successful with these functions! I visited the blog him and ah many comments, it is essential for the evolution of the browser! Hope keeps improving! So far it is doing very well in Windows 8.1.
I thank kev216, because until then I had no desire to try the browser, saw that he posted his profile on the Vivaldi and is waiting to get the email client, so it made me interresar to test the browser!

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I downloaded and installed the Vivaldi, just say one thing, if the browser remain so will become my default browser very soon! Starts fast, very fast open pages so far showed no crashes (using the 64bit version), and I liked how it changes color! Facebook it turns blue, green Google, YouTube red, blue MT, liked! I hope you soon get the email client, since that browser seen to be very successful with these functions! I visited the blog him and ah many comments, it is essential for the evolution of the browser! Hope keeps improving! So far it is doing very well in Windows 8.1.
I thank kev216, because until then I had no desire to try the browser, saw that he posted his profile on the Vivaldi and is waiting to get the email client, so it made me interresar to test the browser!
I'm glad you like it. If you want to see the unique features it currently has, check out their fan blog: Vivalditips.com It shows their features like tab stacking, tab tiling, sessions etc. Mail client is also coming soon. The CEO Jon said that the first versions of it will be implemented after the 1.0 final is going to be online and it seems that it its going to be there in one of the following weeks :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Even on 1 april they release real snapshots (3 in only 3 days already :))
Snapshot 1.0.435.24

Changelog
  • Problems with % encoded URLs: also fixes an issue with % in a search (VB-14764)
  • Tab switching via Ctrl+Tab doesn't remember initial tab (VB-14206)
  • Settings dialog can not be opened more than once with "Startup with homepage" setting (VB-14383)
Download (1.0.435.24)

D

Deleted member 2913

I have never tried Vivaldi snapshots. Can snapshots be updated from the GUI? And if Yes, snapshots updates are small or full installer is downloded everytime?

Reactions: Jrs30 and kev216
D

Deleted member 2913

Does flash comes inbuilt in Vaivaldi?

I am using Vivaldi portable but don't know if flash comes inbuilt or its picking flash from installed Chrome?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
No it isn't built in. You have two choice to use flash in Vivaldi:
1) Download PPAPI Flash player. Go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions in Vivaldi. Then click on Do you need flash for another computer (otherwise it can be downloading the wrong version if you don't do this). Then select your OS and in the second dropdown menu choos FP *version number* for Opera and chromium PPAPI. Uncheck the optional offers. Click on download now and run the downloaded installer.
2) Install Google Chrome but and this is important the same version (32 or 64 bit) as the Vivaldi you are going to use. Normally after a restart of Vivaldi it should pick up Chome's built-in flash player. And if not take a look at the plugins page (Vivaldi menu - Extra - Plugins) to enable it. The devs wrote Vivaldi that way it should automatically use the Chrome's one.

If you have other flash plugins installed like the NPAPI for firefox based browsers of ActiveX for Internet explorer, they will not work in Vivaldi.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
@yesnoo Maybe in the future they will add it, but right now they have other priorities. You can request it to the devs if you want by filling in this form: Report a Bug – Vivaldi It's officially called their bug report system, but they say that you also need to post feature requests there. Every single report is being read and they add it to the list of things to implement, since they want to add as much as possible to the browser.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Tomorrow i will give a try the RC1 and i will share my thoughts.
One question should i try the 32 bit version or the 64 bit?
I see that 64 bit is saying experimental so it's not very stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.