Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I just installed the final version!
I had doubts ... Today's Breaking is my default browser!
This browser surprised me! Is very good! So far I had no problems! Firefox dropped a notch, became my second browser ... Of course, Firefox is still my favorite! More Vivaldi from today and my default browser!
I hope that developers remain working hard, because so far they are doing a great job! It stays that way! :D

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
@kev216 You know how to make the guides Vivaldi behave like the other browsers ?
For example: I have three tabs open, closing the third tab will not go to the second! And yes to the first!
I've seen people complaining about it, it would be good to change this behavior.
I don't think there is a setting for what you want really. There are settings for the closing-tab behaviour, but it's not what you want I think (I know it's in dutch, but I think you can figure out where to find it :))
vivalditab.PNG
If it isn't what you are looking for, you already know where to request things to the devs :)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I don't think there is a setting for what you want really. There are settings for the closing-tab behaviour, but it's not what you want I think (I know it's in dutch, but I think you can figure out where to find it :))
View attachment 93534
If it isn't what you are looking for, you already know where to request things to the devs :)
I have shifted in the settings, it is not o'que I want :/ Yes, I've done it! Thank you for letting the link to report to them! :)

I leftthe suggestionthis afternoon!
They sent me.
Summary : Changing behavior when a tab to close.
Key: VB-14962
Project: Vivaldi Browser

I hope they apply this option in future updates! :D

D

Deleted member 2913

I installed Vivaldi in Program Files 86 i.e All Users option during install.

Its running fine here on Win 10 64.

Anyone with Vivaldi & Internet Download Manager.
IDM is working fine on Vivaldi. But I see under extension, IDM extension is not there. IDM is working fine so should I add the extension or not?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I have shifted in the settings, it is not o'que I want :/ Yes, I've done it! Thank you for letting the link to report to them! :)

I leftthe suggestionthis afternoon!
They sent me.
Summary : Changing behavior when a tab to close.
Key: VB-14962
Project: Vivaldi Browser

I hope they apply this option in future updates! :D
Good to see you got a confirmation. Once they pass at your number in the queue they surely are going to implement it, since their rule is: What the user want, comes into the browser :)

D

Deleted member 2913

IDM is working fine on Vivaldi. But I see under extension, IDM extension is not there. IDM is working fine so should I add the extension or not?
IDM was not working on some site. Added the extension & working fine.

But Yes, no IDM video download bar on videos/youtube. Guess IDM team have to make it compatible.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

I added it here and works fine.

D

Deleted member 2913

Browsing is fast & overall very good.

But I do miss translator, dont prompt to save password, flash, etc... And search suggestion is not working...I have enabled it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Did you try the extension?

How do you like it? If its not better than the one you are using then I would like to try the one you are using.
I tested, but I did not like because it is quicker on the Google page and translate, because it takes a while to act ... :)
I'm still using that I was before ... still fail sometimes, but so far was ah I most adptei me, she has a very good option to move the mouse in the text that translates quickly! Too bad it does not translate very large text ...
If you are interested by it : Google Translate
You move the configuration, you have few options, plus the extension does get better as it translates faster, just by selecting the text.

The ability to stack tabs on Vivaldi is a hand on the wheel :D

D

Deleted member 2913

I tested, but I did not like because it is quicker on the Google page and translate, because it takes a while to act ... :)
I'm still using that I was before ... still fail sometimes, but so far was ah I most adptei me, she has a very good option to move the mouse in the text that translates quickly! Too bad it does not translate very large text ...
If you are interested by it : Google Translate
You move the configuration, you have few options, plus the extension does get better as it translates faster, just by selecting the text.

The ability to stack tabs on Vivaldi is a hand on the wheel :D
The extension I mentioned does the same. Highlight texts, sentence, paragraphs, etc... & it translates. And you can rightclick & select translates with to translate whole page & etc...

I will try your extension & see.
Is the extension you mentioned from Google itself?

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
The extension I mentioned does the same. Highlight texts, sentence, paragraphs, etc... & it translates. And you can rightclick & select translates with to translate whole page & etc...

I will try your extension & see.
Is the extension you mentioned from Google itself?
She is slow to respond, at least here :(
Yes! It has more than 6 million users :)

D

Deleted member 2913

She is slow to respond, at least here :(
Yes! It has more than 6 million users :)
Strange, its quick here on Vivaldi. And has audio option. You can see the translation in Google Translate website too i.e when you highlight anything, translation appears with audio, Google translate, etc... options.

I tried your extension. It seems basic. How to translate whole page?

Reactions: kev216 and Jrs30

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Strange, its quick here on Vivaldi. And has audio option. You can see the translation in Google Translate website too i.e when you highlight anything, translation appears with audio, Google translate, etc... options.

I tried your extension. It seems basic. How to translate whole page?
I'll give it one more try! I will make a clean sweep in Vivaldi, maybe that!
To translate the entire page has to go on the extension icon and click "Translate this page".
Here at this point I think the failure much extent, at least here in MT.

yesnoo Testing again take long to answer, the problem should be just here ... :/
I will continue with the same Google :)

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Ea
No IDM download bar on videos, right?
EagleGet works though, with Vivaldi too. But it has dropped download bar in favor of extension grab, that is the videos to be downloaded doesn't appear as a floating download bar now but appears on the extension. I think this is a good change.

Of course there are Video sniffer and media grabber options by which you can grab videos too in EagleGet, which are not available in IDM
Cd6RgGL.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.