kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
@Laoel, I know what the problem is. You have currently the latest Snapshot installed that was realeased before the 1.0 Stable. Basically that last snapshot was the same as the Stable, but they set it that if you are using one of those builds, then you are in the Stable stream and don't recieve shapshot updates anymore. The snapshots are were new features are added. If they are stable enough, they will release a new stable release and then you will be prompted to update Vivaldi in your case (= if you are in the stable stream currently). If you want following the the new snapshots (which might contain new bugs since those are experimental builds like I said) and thus have the newest features dirctly, then you have to download the latest snapshot (see links above) and install it over the Vivaldi you have now (no need to uninstall first). But keep in mind that if you want to go back then to the stable (idk why you should do that but anyway), it can be the case that you lose your bookmarks then, since the profiles doesn't match. But to upgrade now from stable to snapshot, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm using the snapshots btw and no real problems so far, and if there are some, they are fixed within a week or so.
Hope this helps! :)

Laoel

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Hahaha... good know about this ^^
Vivaldi has been a great browser and telling the truth I was waiting a new browser to compete with Chrome.

Good know that Vivaldi appeared and I hope that can become most famous to more people can do your tests and who knows, become a main browser of many people ;)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Snapshot 1.1.453.36

Release candidate for Vivaldi 1.1 with more bugfixes. More info: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.1.453.36 - Vivaldi 1.1RC1

Download (1.1.453.36)
Changelog
  • [Regression] POST to new window results in second GET request to same URL (VB-16295)
  • [Regression] Characters lost in URL field (VB-16268)
  • [Regression] Cannot create a new bookmarks folder (VB-16165)
  • [Regression] Use of Find In Page makes tabs unresponsive (VB-16332)
  • [Linux] HTML5 proprietary media does not work in Vivaldi 1.1 under Ubuntu with chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra 49.0.2623.X (VB-16300)
  • [Linux] Possible crash under 32bit (VB-16270)
  • Disable all but Ctrl+t,n,w keyboard shortcuts when plugins are focussed: Workaround for clashes e.g. backspace in Flash or PDF forms. A few more may be enabled before the 1.1 final (VB-15312)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Looking forward to the release! :D
I think of installing the beta version ... But I'll wait out the new stable release!
Vivaldi panel is one of the best things! I use most! :D
Vivaldi.png

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Snapshot 1.1.453.43 - Vivaldi 1.1RC2
Written by Gaëlle Logeay

April 23, 2016

Today's snapshot has a fix for problems with keyboard shortcuts, introduced in the previous snapshot. This is release candidate 2 for Vivaldi 1.1. Let us know if you see any major issues.

As mentioned with RC1, even if no further major issues are found, Vivaldi will be rebuilt for the stable update stream before it is released.

Have a great weekend!

Download (1.1.453.43)
Changelog
  • [Regression] Keyboard shortcuts don't work in internal pages, svg, error page and PDFs (VB-16438)
  • Fix for error page graphics
  • Updated to Chromium 50.0.2661.89
Last modified on Saturday, 23 April 2016 13:35

Published in: Vivaldi updates

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Snapshot 1.1.453.45 - Vivaldi 1.1RC3

blogpost: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.1.453.45 - Vivaldi 1.1RC3

This is release candidate 3 for Vivaldi 1.1, with a quick fix to the URL field and some translation updates.

Vivaldi will be rebuilt for the stable update stream before it is released.

Download (1.1.453.45)
Changelog
  • [Regression] After opening a Speed Dial from an internal page, ↑ and ↓ do not work in URL field (VB-16324)
  • Fixed APT warning on Ubuntu
  • Translation updates

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I'm liking that Vivaldi is keeping up with latest version of Blink. Still going to wait a bit before trying again due to the whole Xmarks crashing the whole browser fiasco. May even be worth just waiting until a stable x64 is released. If I had Linux installed beside Windows still I'd try an see if it happens on there to. Guess that is something I should looking into with VM.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Vivaldi 1.1 Stable.

Blogpost: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - No time to rest. Vivaldi 1.1 is here with enhanced tab handling, better hibernation and more!
Changelog from 1.0 till 1.1: What's new in Vivaldi 1.1?

Downloads from homepage: A New Web Browser for Our Friends – Vivaldi

Note: this is a stable release, and contains the same as the last snapshot. If you are following the snapshots, no need to install this update. Otherwise, you won't get update alerts if there is a new snapshot available if you enter the stable release cyclus.

Tinytime23

Level 1
Verified
Mar 4, 2016
I would love to see the feature of touch screen scrolling and zooming added! Such a useful feature with Chrome.

Reactions: kev216

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Vivaldi - Snapshot 1.2.470.11 - Editable Gestures

Yet again we introduce quite a few of improvements, so let’s dive in without too much ado. First we’d like to discuss gestures, the ability to issue commands with help of drawn shapes. With some of you excited and some of you disappointed by lack of flexibility, we hope to address both groups by expanding the feature by recordable gestures.

Doodle your commands

In addition to existing gesture set, we bring you option to create new command gestures, or edit and remove existing ones. New gestures are added by recording hand-drawn shapes, subsequently translated to a final gesture consisting of up to five horizontal or vertical strokes.

add-gesture.gif

Fig. 1: Not to worry, gesture recognition works pretty solid even if you don’t try to paint as hard as we did.

• [Mac] Double clicking the tab field opens new tab and resizes window (VB-16033)
  • [Mac] Optional setting to not close the window when closing last tab (VB-11667)
  • about:blank opens in default search (VB-12741)
  • Add Bookmark icon in SVG (VB-16118)
  • Add current tabs to startup options (VB-6101)
  • Add edit field for page zoom (VB-16222)
  • Add global setting for "Never save passwords" (VB-15331)
  • Adding bookmark with nickname adds nickname as a description (VB-4390)
  • Alt+D doesn't activate Horizontal menu "Datei" in german (VB-15812)
  • Alt+Enter in address field should open Search result in new tab and Alt+Shift+Enter in new background tab (VB-12364)
  • At most 20 bookmarks can be opened at the same time (VB-12838)
  • Bookmark Bar: Entering edit mode second time moves bookmark to extender menu and hides following (VB-16101)
  • Cannot define my own start page to replace Speed Dial (VB-11682)
  • Cannot enable Search suggestions (VB-14906)
  • "Close tabs to the right/left" tab context menu (VB-2132)
  • ⌘/Ctrl+W ignores tab selection (VB-16023)
  • "Danger" style should be applied to actionable buttons only (VB-16988)
  • Disable autofill in text boxes (VB-16164)
  • "Download extensions" quick command is not working (VB-11531)
  • Dragging URL from URL field doesn't work (VB-16302)
  • Empty notes panel shows edit field for nonexistent folder (VB-10334)
  • Empty section in tab menu (VB-17067)
  • Extension buttons is updated for all windows, not the window owning the tab (VB-16970)
  • History navigation issues on internal pages (VB-16550)
  • If the home page is set as startup option the speed dial is opened as well (VB-9683)
  • Ignored nickname for bookmarks folders (VB-2282)
  • Implement suggests in search field: for DDG, Wikipedia and Bing (VB-14822)
  • Improve discoverability of sorting in Bookmarks Panel (VB-15838)
  • Interface zoom is resets after pushing the "Back" button (VB-13217)
  • Issues with Top Sites file size handling (VB-15803)
  • Keyboard modifiers not respected when a bookmark opens from the panel (VB-16886)
  • Option to open a bookmark with a single mouse click (VB-16878)
  • Webpage zoom level range expanded to 20% – 500% (VB-14878)
  • [Mac] Menu items not working with no open window (VB-10703)
  • Minimize Pinned Tab on Close should be configurable (VB-16558)
  • Drop URLs on tab bar and tabs (VB-1369)
  • Editable gesture settings (VB-507)
  • Notes edit field: cursor jumps to end of text (VB-3453)
  • Related Tab Activation order stand-alone setting (VB-16568)
  • Simplify styling of Extension buttons (VB-16372)
  • Tab search in F2 dialog does not list tabs of other windows (VB-13664)
  • Tab Selection Not Implemented for all actions (VB-16842)
  • Tab Selection Settings (VB-16556)
  • Vivaldi browser doesn't open refs like xn--80abnhcmtpndbnmh.xn--p1ai (VB-15386)
  • Vivaldi crash with Alarm Ninja extension (VB-16329)
  • Wrong link when you go to bookmark via F2 menu (VB-16895)
  • XMarks Sync closes the browser (VB-14681)

Download (1.2.470.11)
Snapshot 1.2.470.11 : Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.2.470.11 - Editable Gestures

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I tried vivaldi yesterday under Shadow Defender.
I installed flash player for chromium but when i wanted to watch a movie i got a message <player not found>.
Except that when i went to adobe site to download flash player a message was telling me that i had flash installed but it is disabled.
I went to vivaldi plugins but no flash wasn't installed to enable it.
Does anyone knows what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.