Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Ready to make your own mouse gestures? Now you can with Vivaldi 1.2

Today we launched Vivaldi 1.2, with custom mouse gestures. Simply draw the shape, add some other touches, and – presto! – you have your very own mouse gesture.

Zoom is also one of our most popular features, particularly for accessibility. Now you can set the zoom level for each tab, and we expanded the zoom range. It now runs from 20% to 500%. Happy browsing.

We also added a new Tabs Page setting, which lets users select any web page at the starting point of a new tab. And, new shortcuts also let users close multiple tabs at once, or apply any command to a selected group of tabs.

Catalan is our new language for this update, so Vivaldi now speaks 52 languages total.

Vivaldi 1.2 - Ready to make your own mouse gestures? Now you can with Vivaldi 1.2 - Vivaldi Web Browser Community
Changelog - Vivaldi 1.2
Download
- A New Web Browser for Our Friends

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I tried vivaldi yesterday under Shadow Defender.
I installed flash player for chromium but when i wanted to watch a movie i got a message <player not found>.
Except that when i went to adobe site to download flash player a message was telling me that i had flash installed but it is disabled.
I went to vivaldi plugins but no flash wasn't installed to enable it.
Does anyone knows what this is?

Have you tried a different movie/video on a different site? Try using the Flash Player Uninstaller and then try installing again.

I never had this problem with Vivaldis beta's.

Is it 64bit or 32 Vivaldi?
(NEVERMIND YOU SOLVED THE ISSUE ALREADY) Good :)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Give it a try i am sure or at least hope you like it. ;):D
I've tested this Browser tonight (around 00:15 am - France time) and I really like it (features and speed).
I added uBlock Origin and activated Kaspersky Protection.

Why do I not tried it earlier ?! :oops: Shame on Me !

Now I've got Firefox 46.0.1, Tor browser 6.0, IE 11 (I like its development tools), Vivaldi 1.2 => I will have to make a choice...:confused:

Last edited:

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Snapshot 1.3.501.6 - Customizable UI themes

Today we are excited to open up a major new avenue for customization, by letting you make your own themes and completely change the appearance of Vivaldi.

theme-previews-2.gif

Themes
New users will find a set of themes to choose from on the Welcome page, old users should have a look in the new Themes Settings section.

By taking programmatic control of the colors we can manipulate how they contrast during runtime. If you are visually impaired, or like me occasionally work in poor lighting conditions, enforcing minimum contrast can make Vivaldi more comfortable to use. That can also be found in the Themes section.

Other Notable Changes

• Page color is now cached more aggressively, which should lead to less flicker when navigating on the same domain
    • Unified design of Startpage Background Image, Theme Previews and Welcome page items
    • The keyboard shortcut for toggling UI color is repurposed to select "Next Theme"
    • Added setting to not fade out-of-focus windows
    • Added per-theme setting to control UI corner rounding
    • Select settings moved into each theme:
      • Accent Color from Active Page
      • Accent Color on Window
      • Transparent Tabs
theme-edit.gif

Snapshot 1.3.501.6 : Snapshot 1.3.501.6 - Customizable UI themes - Vivaldi Web Browser Community

Each update only improves! Perfect customization :D

Last edited:
N

Noxx

Feature wise, I think it's surpassed Chrome. Performance wise, however, I think it still lacks -- still better than Firefox, IMO. Question is, can they pull off lots of great features, as well as providing solid performance? Only time will tell.

N

Noxx

I agree to a certain extent. I just hope they can keep up the momentum. Firefox had a lot of momentum, was super fast, a fair bit of features, and look what happened. =p

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I agree to a certain extent. I just hope they can keep up the momentum. Firefox had a lot of momentum, was super fast, a fair bit of features, and look what happened. =p
A user on the blog asked ? does that in any way can make my browser slower?

Developer answered : No it should not. The UI is just colored via CSS. In fact it already was before. Now we just made it easier to change.

As you said, I just hope they can keep up the momentum :)

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015

? Firefox is like a cousin of chrome just as fast and loads of features? Am I missing something? o_O

Kind of funny after a day of 1.2 they are already making snapshots for 1.3 :p

N

Noxx

Maybe for you, but it runs terrible for me. Slow UI, slow loading times. That's on multiple PC's with solid internet and hardware. There are some good Firefox alternatives though that run nice, such as PaleMoon. But this thread is about Vivaldi, which I think is great, don't get me wrong! =P

Edit: also consider that I haven't tried v1.2 for Vivaldi. I think I'll try it out today.

Reactions: kev216 and DardiM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.