Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Minor update to Vivaldi 1.0

Shortly after the release of the final we were informed of an issue that could allow a malicious website to trick a user into thinking they were surfing on a different domain. Since we take our users security very seriously, we got this fixed immediately and have just issued a minor update to version 1.0. Windows and Mac users will receive the update via our autoupdate system. Linux users should receive an update via our deb and rpm repositories. You can also download new builds from vivaldi.com.

We also took this opportunity to address a small issue that several of you had informed us of regarding Notes.

Changelog

• [Security] Address bar spoofing: Thanks to Tsubasa Iinuma (@llamakko_cafe) of Gehirn Inc. for the report (VB-15043)
  • Unable to add a first Note via clicking the '+' button in the panel (VB-14960)

Very good they hear users :)

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
I installed it in SBIE and then deleted. Too many processes active in background

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Vivaldi browser for our friends ...

Maybe I'm off the list of friends.

I reported a lot of bugs from earlier versions and damn the attention they paid me

They not even corrected the problem to save a file in any folder that I reported half a century ago ... Vivaldi always save in "downloads" folder, why¡?

Another browser path to failure ... and start Chromium was a full error

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014

I reported a lot of bugs from earlier versions and damn the attention they paid me

They not even corrected the problem to save a file in any folder that I reported half a century ago ... Vivaldi always save in "downloads" folder, why¡?

Here is works fine. You choose save to automatically save it in the downloads folder. You choose Save as... if you want to choose where to download it to. You choose open, then it goes in downloads and opens it automatically without that you have to run the file manually

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016

They have to listen to many users! I believe that they first give priority for what you need to be urgently correct, and then things that users ask to add ... remember - it is not just your message reaches them ... There are many ... Then they try to give attention to all ... the bug reported vc (I believe that is not a bug, just choose save as) they received ... every bug reported will have to turn ... I think it's so! :)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
So fast after the stable release a new snapshot already. :)
Snapshot 1.1.443.3

If you have the stable release installed, but you want to try out the new snapshot: read the blogpost, where they explain how to install it because it can cause problems with profiles: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.1.443.3 - New tab options
New features:

• Ctrl+W on pinned tabs will now switch back to the previously active tab. We do this because we have noticed that people often close tabs to return to the one they were working on before. While pinned tabs cannot close, you may issue this shortcut by force of habit. Now we bring you back to the tab you were probably looking for.
  • Holding Alt and clicking on the close button now closes all the other tabs.
  • A new preference to open links within a tab stack has been added (and enabled by default): Settings/Preferences → Tabs → Tab Features → Tab Stacking → Open Links in Current Tab Stack
  • You can now map a keyboard shortcut that toggles all the others on or off. Which is handy if website shortcuts conflict with Vivaldi shortcuts: Settings/Preferences → Keyboard → Page → Disable Keyboard Shortcuts (Ok, we actually slipped this into the 1.0 final but nobody noticed yet! :p)
Changelog
  • [Security] Address bar spoofing: Thanks to Tsubasa Iinuma (@llamakko_cafe) of Gehirn Inc. for the report (VB-15043)
  • [Regression] Facebook.com WebPanel reverts to desktop version even in mobile setting: further fix (VB-14816)
  • [Regression] Large PNG or animated GIF does not display when opened directly (VB-13521)
  • [Regression] Stacked tabs disappeared when disable "Tab stacking" (VB-13898)
  • [Regression] Emulation tab in Developer Tools disappeared (VB-14710)
  • [Regression] Unable to add first Note via clicking the '+' button (VB-14960)
  • Addressbar input field box shadow in Private windows (VB-14714)
  • Alt+D shortcut activates Vivaldi menu (VB-11958)
  • Bookmarks panel reports URL cannot be empty on re-opening (VB-14828)
  • Can not execute bookmarklets by nick from quick commands (VB-12691)
  • Can not find some settings: search was not always working due to casing (VB-13999)
  • Allow the ability to Ctrl+Tab back to a "minimized" tab: also fixes dragging
  • Cutting (Ctrl+X) a URL does not include the protocol (VB-14727)
  • Deleting typed URL in the adress bar doesn't fully delete it in the dropdown (VB-14656)
  • Feature to select behavior on clone tab and stacked tab (VB-11537)
  • Keep Speed Dial view bottom spacing with + button disabled
  • Not able to quickly go to URL with slash using custom search (VB-14981)
  • Open selected bookmark(s) with Enter key (VB-14381)
  • Radio buttons loose focus on change (VB-14821)
  • Speed Dial doesn't allow adding bookmarks (VB-10623)
  • Style fix for search suggest (VB-14831)
  • Title of Vivaldi Settings window is "Vivaldi", not "Settings" (VB-3222)
  • Disable Keyboard shortcuts option: Also added to final Version 1.0 (VB-14941)
  • URL should clip based on selection
  • Rewind dropdown shows different elements depending on where you are in the history list: Rewrote rewind feature completely (VB-12297)
  • Shortcuts in Vivaldi menu do not always match underscored letters (VB-15172)
  • Close other tabs when Alt-clicking tab close button (VB-15157)
  • Not Able to Hibernate/Close Tab Selection (VB-15037)
Download (1.1.443.3)

Laoel

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
Vivaldi is a awesome browser! When I installed for the first time, was 'love at first sight'. Is lightness, fast and totally customizable (Without say the fact that extensions of Google Chrome works on Vivaldi). Google Chrome is still my first browser, but now Google Chrome has (in my opinion of course) a good competitor - Vivaldi (=

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I wanna try Vivaldi and I have some questions.
- I have W7 64x, should I install the 32x or the 64x (experimental).
- I'm interested in Vivaldi privacy policy VS Firefox privacy policy.
- Difference between Chrome and Vivaldi.

Laoel

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
I wanna try Vivaldi and I have some questions.
- I have W7 64x, should I install the 32x or the 64x (experimental).
- I'm interested in Vivaldi privacy policy VS Firefox privacy policy.
- Difference between Chrome and Vivaldi.

Well, I can talk based on my few time with vivaldi.

1 - I think you should install x32 version even using x64 - Why? Because how you saw, x64 is experimental version. I believe that x32 is more stable. Even more now that vivaldi are on 1.0 version. (Not beta anymore) [ If I'm saying something wrong, someone can correct me ]

2 - I don't know the differences between privacy policy of Vivaldi/Firefox. Someone that understand more of about policy between Vivaldi/Firefox can say better.

3 - Well, Vivaldi is based on Chromium, so, Vivaldi is similar to Chrome, but Vivaldi has your differences. Vivaldi had your appearance inspired on Opera. So, I can say Vivaldi combine the best of this two worlds (Opera/Chrome). You can customize the appearance of way you like, add extensions Google Chrome and do much more things.

So, Vivaldi is like = Google Chrome + Opera (Taking the best of Chrome/Opera)

Another cool thing to say - Vivaldi is a new browser, in other words, have much potential to become even better.

I suggest you do the download to test it ;)

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Snapshot 1.1.453.6

To discover all the new features, see the official blogpost: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.1.453.6 - Further tab closing options, improved dark UI and more import options

Note that starting from this snapshot, like chrome they will drop support for Windows XP, Vista and versions of MacOSX below 10.9, because at the moment they don't have a big enough team to keep these platforms secure with new security updates.

Download (1.1.453.6)

Changelog
  • [Regression] [Windows] Vivaldi steals focus (VB-14708)
  • [Linux][Mac] Add missing setting to switch the Vivaldi UI language (as on Windows) (VB-15885)
  • Added setting to disable the URL Dropdown
  • Add "Right of current tab" in tab settings for a Close tab (VB-12674)
  • Arrow symbol in bookmarks bar does not work properly (VB-4479)
  • Better transition for Ctrl+Enter (www.<input>.com) in URL field
  • Bookmarks bar list under chevron icon displays wrong items (VB-15831)
  • Bookmarks bar is mssing New Folder context menu option (VB-15501)
  • Browser closes when using the Pocket extension (VB-14498)
  • Can not move a bookmark item to the end of list on the bookmark toolbar (VB-15975)
  • Close Other Tab Doesn't deal with stacks (VB-15916)
  • Close other tabs when ALT-clicking tab close button: now possible to assign keyboard shortcut and accessible in Quick Commands (VB-15157)
  • Cutting from start in URL field clears URL field (VB-15350)
  • Dark scrollbars in panels and bookmarks when Dark UI is set (VB-15901)
  • Dropping a bookmark bar item on the bookmark bar creates a new item (VB-15907)
  • Faster Tab Stack Creation
  • Forward and back mouse buttons operate on wrong window (VB-14952)
  • Going to the wrong site on autocomplete (VB-15301)
  • Group similar tabs to stack can group very different sites (VB-10110)
  • Hibernate tab stack (VB-13209)
  • Hide tooltip when searchfield or URL field gets focused or updates
  • Improve automatic underscoring in menus (VB-15349)
  • JavaScript "window.open" causes 2 HTTP requests: Lastpass showed a blank page when opening Secure Note (VB-13931)
  • Menu key activates wrong context menu for Spatial Navigation highlighted links on windows (VB-9169)
  • Move to New Window option should not be in tabs in Private windows (VB-15179)
  • Not Possible to Hibernate/Close Tab Selection (VB-15037)
  • Page can override Spatial Navigation indicator (e.g. cnn.com) (VB-15735)
  • Per tab zoom does not activate immediately but only after browser restart (VB-13959)
  • Radio button in toggle image menu squeezed (VB-15013)
  • Renaming items on the bookmark tool bar is confusing with Title sorting enabled (VB-15711)
  • Reset fast forward earlier on navigation and load when idle
  • Saving changes to bookmark using enter/return (VB-15740)
  • Some URLs are searched instead of followed (VB-14729)
  • Speed dial not imported from Opera 12 (VB-15036)
  • Speed dial sorting follows bookmarks manager sorting (VB-14418)
  • Tabs cloned from stack appears to the right of the stack (VB-11055)
  • Tab Tiling is Cleared when Stacked (VB-15277)
  • Use input case when autocomplete on URL
  • Vivaldi Missing Title Case in Translation (VB-15342)
  • Upgraded to Chromium 50.0.2661.75: With this we drop support for Windows XP, Vista and versions of MacOSX below 10.9. In addition we have disabled NPAPI plugins

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Snapshot 1.1.453.30

Snapshot only contains bugfixes since vivaldi 1.1 will be realeased this, or next week. For more details, see: Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Snapshot 1.1.453.30 - More fixes as we close in on the 1.1 stable update

Download (1.1.453.30)
Changelog
  • [Regression] Ctrl or Shift Click on Speed Dial entry opens blank tab (VB-16199)
  • [Regression] Fast forward button is not activated sometimes (VB-15979)
  • [Regression] Title completion in bookmarks is not working (VB-16202)
  • [Regression] Items for Mail and Contact panels show up View menu on all builds (VB-16194)
  • [Regression] Installer mentions Chrome in an error message (VB-14837)
  • Translation updates

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
@J Gamez065 Very good, especially if you want the Opera 12 features back, like me. If you try it, check out the mouse gestures, that's something that Chrome or Firefox really lack! And speaking of exploits, it is maintained very well, with one or more snapshots each week, so Chromium gets regular updates :)

Laoel

Level 1
Verified
Apr 3, 2016
@kev216, you can say if Vivaldi have automatic update to this version? I checked the option automatic update and my vivaldi don't found this version (1.1.453.30) - Says that version 1.0.435.42 is the last o_õ'

Reactions: Jrs30 and Rishi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.