Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Tomorrow i will give a try the RC1 and i will share my thoughts.
One question should i try the 32 bit version or the 64 bit?
I see that 64 bit is saying experimental so it's not very stable?
Look, I'm using the 64-bit version for almost a week until now had no problem! (Windows 8.1), even left a message on the blog saying that the 64-bit version of this very good! :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Although I think the browser is good enough for my daily needs.... it just needs some more improvements.

The performance of Vivaldi is slow when compared to other browsers. It's not really much of a problem for me (I'm just saying that it could be better)

Last edited:

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
RC version (for me) has more problems than beta. Lastpass is broken, Xmarks causes the browser to instantly crash entirely (which is significant for a Chromium browser with multi-process). Some features that Chromium has that Vivaldi lacks (due to it's own UI). Still needs work. At least for it to work properly for what I use. The browser is worth waiting for.

Especially since it will be a combo of browser and email client. Hope it's as good or better than Opera Mail. Currently the best in my opinion (I like it's design, lightness, etc simply personal opinion).

S

Sr. Normal

Does it still without having a translator in the address bar?
In many browsers based on Chrome itself is and is very convenient for those who sail by foreign pages and extensions do not always work well nor are they as comfortable

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
In many browsers based on Chrome itself is and is very convenient for those who sail by foreign pages and extensions do not always work well nor are they as comfortable
I think not but is hard for me to see a web page not in English one of our other great members will give an answer.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
No, it's doesn't support that atm. If you really miss this, please fill in this form:Report a Bug – Vivaldi (it's called bugreport, but they want users to put feature requests in it too), and they will surely add it to the list of things to implement.

S

Sr. Normal

No, it's doesn't support that atm. If you really miss this, please fill in this form:Report a Bug – Vivaldi (it's called bugreport, but they want users to put feature requests in it too), and they will surely add it to the list of things to implement.
Thanks, I´ll do it! :) I only read good things about this browser, if they implement this, for me, improvement, it would be the number one

D

Deleted member 2913

Especially since it will be a combo of browser and email client. Hope it's as good or better than Opera Mail. Currently the best in my opinion (I like it's design, lightness, etc simply personal opinion).
Whats email client in a browser?

I mean have never used Outlook or any email client so dont know about it.

What & how Vivaldi email client would work? Work offline?

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Would be great! I've seen people asking this on their blog, I believe that many want it!
I am currently using this extension in Vivaldi chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog, it is good, but sometimes it fails! Not even translate! It fails lot here at MT.
It is hard for me to use Vivaldi all the time, because MT is one that I most visit! And I have to translate a lot of things, for his very little English ... Ai Chrome never fails, the native translator that comes in it is very good.

N

Noxx

Would be great! I've seen people asking this on their blog, I believe that many want it!
I am currently using this extension in Vivaldi chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog, it is good, but sometimes it fails! Not even translate! It fails lot here at MT.
It is hard for me to use Vivaldi all the time, because MT is one that I most visit! And I have to translate a lot of things, for his very little English ... Ai Chrome never fails, the native translator that comes in it is very good.

Even though there are some issues with translate, isn't it wonderful that modern technology has allowed people across the world to communicate with each other, despite language differences? People who otherwise wouldn't commune, do, and in many cases, become very good friends. Okay, my rants over, it's just really neat to think about.

In regards to Vivaldi, I loved it when I used it, but for some reason it was a tad bit unstable, and would get slower the longer I used it. I'm sure it's an issue on client side (meh internet service), which is why I'm rarely quick to judge security softwares/browsers based off their performance.

D

Deleted member 2913

Give a try to this translator
igTranslator: Google™ Translator

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Even though there are some issues with translate, isn't it wonderful that modern technology has allowed people across the world to communicate with each other, despite language differences? People who otherwise wouldn't commune, do, and in many cases, become very good friends. Okay, my rants over, it's just really neat to think about.

In regards to Vivaldi, I loved it when I used it, but for some reason it was a tad bit unstable, and would get slower the longer I used it. I'm sure it's an issue on client side (meh internet service), which is why I'm rarely quick to judge security softwares/browsers based off their performance.
This is more than wonderful! Communicate with people who speak other languages and making friends is very good! Not wanting to escape much of the subject ... But here at MT especially has people all over the world, and the language that everyone speaks does not hurt at all! I find it very good! Thanks to technology! Of course, communication is not always perfect, but most of the time to understand the fine!

About Vivaldi, the thing I most hope is the email client, because I really want it! This is one of the rations for me to test the Vivaldi, I find it very good! http://i.imgur.com/kHJiGfq.png?1
Do this in Firefox tras problems, lock ... Firefox can not force far as the browser hangs for anything ...

S

Sr. Normal

I followed the instructions from @kev216 (thanks again) and I have requested it. I do not know if I will ignore (probably), but I think it is really an improvement. When I receive reply. I communicate here.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Whats email client in a browser?

I mean have never used Outlook or any email client so dont know about it.

What & how Vivaldi email client would work? Work offline?
The idea behind the email client is to make something similiar as Opera had in the Opera 12 times before they changed to Chromium. A tutorial of Opera mail can you find here, which might give you a general idea about it: Opera Mail Basics Tutorial
This is maybe the most interesting page: Mail Tutorial: The Opera Mail layout Of course it's not going to be the exact copy of it, but it might give you a general idea on what to expect.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
@kev216 You know how to make the guides Vivaldi behave like the other browsers ?
For example: I have three tabs open, closing the third tab will not go to the second! And yes to the first!
I've seen people complaining about it, it would be good to change this behavior.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Vivaldi is the first ever browser I used right at its begining.

I used Vivaldi on my laptop last Summer... it was its first Beta version. :)

The cool thing is I had no idea, I had found it here at MT, but thought it was a stable release or maybe even a few versions in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.