Advice Request VLC 3.0.8 player hash mismatch ??

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Hi everybody
today i download VLC player from official website for 64 bit to install in my laptop
before installing i checked the digital signature and that is ok
but when i compared the hash it was different (both has files SHA1/SHA256) which i downloaded from the official website
the result for hash for each type is different when i used Hash my files as in the screen shot:
1587426757833.png

is there something wrong in my analysis or the installer is modified :unsure: :unsure: ??

Last edited:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
You need to download the .sha1 or .sha256 file and add a .txt extension to it so you can open it as a text file. That will give you the actual hash for the VLC .exe. (I don't know if there's an easier way to do it with the .sha files.)
But I was importing this files with another programs in hash my files and had the same hash

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.