VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Polygon

Voodooshield.PNG
it whitelists the files in your PC and it doesn't have its own pre-made whitelist
also chrome installer is usually unknown to virustotal. I just checked my ChromeSetup.exe, no one has uploaded it to VT (I just uploaded it, first person to do so). That's why it's suspicious to VS
uY5Zvso.png

NOW, after I uploaded the file to VT:
JTnZIdP.png
I did same as you but Voodooshield doesn't allow to run it :-(

Last edited by a moderator:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
it block also Zemana antimalware which is classified as SAFE(Now whitelisted!)

and steam got blocked too
does anyone have any idea?

I think you have a problem with virustotal connection (being blocked by your ISP or being too slow). Perhaps VT was still checking the hash of the file so in the first screenshot you sent, I don't see the VT result ("VS is scanning the following file")

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Just got this alert. What is it? I got it when I opened Chrome
View attachment 137202
That sw-reporter-tool is present in that folder for every installation of chrome on any PCs.
It is basically safe. It's not connected to the Internet so it's warning that a cloud result cannot be obtained. You may let VDS allow it.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
I was connected to the internet, that's the strange fact
A weak connection maybe? I've had a similar experience. It doesn't care to connect again.
You see there's a slight delay between when VDS blocks a file (in background) to obtain a scan result AND it displays the popup to you. If once it couldn't make a connection, it apparently doesn't retry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.