Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Due to his technology, a behavioural blocker is not neededHey, Does voodooshield have some Behavior blocker?
He should go to the VS page and read up if he isDue to his technology, a behavioural blocker is not needed
As far as I know VS is not transmitting any sensitive data so there should be no privacy concerns regarding VS but I think that we should ask dev.I'm discussing with a AV vendor about VS and he is stating that VS is not discrete in terms of privacy as his AV since VS checks files, in his opinion many, on VT that belongs to Google.
I already said that as far as I know VS does not upload files but hash/sha...He still sees privacy concerns.
I think that worst case VT might see the the user IP address unless Vs shields this, e.g. by sending the query through its servers.
What do you think?
Thanks, I doubt Dan is allowing any type of identifying, or sensitive info, collection.As far as I know VS is not transmitting any sensitive data so there should be no privacy concerns regarding VS but I think that we should ask dev.
I have already send him an email.
It's Emsisoft.
They say they upload files to VT so they could get infos about you, about the progras you use.
Yesterday I downloaded the new Virtual box and VT alerted me the file is too big to be sent to VT.
I thought VS would just upload Sha of files....And if VS doesn't hide the IP VT could create a database of sent files.
I stated I don't see this as a problem nor as a private concern but Fabian does not agree.
Fabian should keep his opinions to himself and stick to "facts", not fiction.It's Emsisoft.
They say they upload files to VT so they could get infos about you, about the progras you use.
Yesterday I downloaded the new Virtual box and VT alerted me the file is too big to be sent to VT.
I thought VS would just upload Sha of files....And if VS doesn't hide the IP VT could create a database of sent files.
I stated I don't see this as a problem nor as a private concern but Fabian does not agree.
http://www.voodooshield.com/Download/beta3/InstallVoodooShield354beta.exeBoot time protection… VS will start in Always ON mode, then toggle to your previous mode after 10 seconds.
Gui starts much quicker and with the service
Switch User / Multiple users issues should be fixed
Self-Protection
All started because I suggested Emsi to adds VS.I like EmsiSoft a lot, but Fabian needs to worry about his product and let Dan do his thing.
They run together just fine, I have run them as a duo often. So the suggestion was notAll started because I suggested Emsi to adds VS.
Imagine Emsi +VS...a fortress.....But Fabian didn't like the idea....
Changes Dan has noted for v3.54
It makes no sense for Emsisoft to buy and combine VS. VS has limited use when using Emsisoft and their whole protection mindset it is completely different. Emsisoft wants everything to run as long as it doesn't do anything malicious while VS wants everything to get blocked pre-execution.All started because I suggested Emsi to adds VS.
Imagine Emsi +VS...a fortress.....But Fabian didn't like the idea....
You are in a security forum where paranoia is the air we breathCan someone give me more details if I am missing or under-estimating the black world out there? Open to all suggestion for why I need any program with good AV?
yeah, but even for paranoid, AV with good protection is enough.. I have seen that for some recent threats, it is not detected by any AV, secondary scanner and by VT so in this case with such huge protection, we are not safe.You are in a security forum where paranoia is the air we breath
Look; in some forums, when i mention that people can stay safe just by using Windows native security and safe habits, i get attacked by some paranoids FUD-dealers.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes