VoodooShield Latest

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Trying version 6.45 with F-Secure Safe. So far so good. I received a smart screen warning during installation...
Yeah, we had to get a new digital sig, so it is going to take a week or so to gain enough rep to not be flagged by SS. And actually, the next couple of releases will be signed with the old signature for now... long story ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I hope @danb will read posts like this one.
Maybe attach a screenshot so that he can see the problem?
In the email he mentioned there could be some cosmetic bugs.
Yeah, there are some little issues with the various languages that we will work out over time. The main goal is to just get to the point where all 25 or so languages are at least usable, and we will refine them over time.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
When the free version of VS 6.45 creates a prompt drawing my attention to the need to allow/block/sandbox a new action by an app/software the prompt now has a black background, formerly it has always been black text on a white background on all of the devices I've ever used VS on. I set my browsers to be in dark mode and I have a series of black and white photos that are my desktop background - the icons stand out well against this type of background. Windows Colours setting is 'Dark'. I kept missing the initial prompt by VS notifying me that action was required. I had not been paying much attention to the desktop shield previously, the prompt was enough to gain my attention, now the shield flashes and I notice that before the prompt with a dark background.

I cannot see any way of changing the background colour for that prompt. I'm guessing that VS now follows my settings for Windows - dark theme but it is now too well camouflaged for my tired eyes to notice. Is there any way to change the setting in VS that has escaped my attention? I've changed my desktop theme and background photos so that I see it for now, but I'd rather not have to keep those changes permanent. "Yes, I am currently working on language localizations and a new gui, and it will include a light / dark mode. It might be a couple of months though ;(." was mentioned in the thread at

Interesting... we might need to make Light Mode the default. There is a setting under VoodooShield Settings / UI Tweaks for Dark Mode, and it is currently only user adjustable for VS Pro users. For now, the dark mode settings does not apply to the Settings screen, but it applies to the prompts and the rules wizard. I hope this makes sense, if not please let me know.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
There was no problem with the Japanese translation because there was no unnatural use of words.
In addition to the text, I think that the relationship between the window and the number of characters can be a rather troublesome problem. I think that multilingualization of software is not a simple translation, but a task of understanding the content and replacing it with another short word. In that respect as well, I felt that the Japanese translation of vs was well organized.
Yes, that is the issue... it is very difficult to accommodate all of the different languages, but over the next few months everything should be pretty close to being correct.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Interesting... we might need to make Light Mode the default. There is a setting under VoodooShield Settings / UI Tweaks for Dark Mode, and it is currently only user adjustable for VS Pro users. For now, the dark mode settings does not apply to the Settings screen, but it applies to the prompts and the rules wizard. I hope this makes sense, if not please let me know.
I agree with the Light Mode as default option (y)
It is much better to read.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for the response, am happy to feedback on a product that I like. I get why you restrict tweaking VS to paying customers.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
Got it. Thanks. I tried the French version. The menu is completely in French. Good. There is still an issue in the How it works section. A part of a phrase is missing.

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
@danb

I am now using the Free version of VS v6.55 and I noticed two things:

One, within the VS popup notification that appears in the lower right, and above the taskbar in my Windows 10 machine, below ON appears "usb". Am I correct in assuming that is because I have connected the USB dongles for my wireless keyboard and mouse? I notice you have a setting to deactivate this feature but it is for paid customers. As a suggestion, maybe this can be made accessible for the free version because the message is misleading if the intent is to protect USB Drives.

Secondly, maybe you can also allow access to just the Moderate Security Posture in this version for those users who want to reduce the block frequency or as to strike a balance?

These two observations and suggestions aside, great product which I am using alongside WD+CD+SWH.

Thanks for your continued hard work in VS development!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Mail from @danb :
Hey Guys,

Here is latest and it should be ready for public release, but if you find anything please let me know.

There were quite a few optimizations to the Offline Mode feature, but that is about all of the changes for this version.

VS 6.62

https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield662.exe

SHA-256: 80f90f94e00739e7a806a1da7af09e7a9deb8e8038afff91867ac632070d23cc

Thank you,

Dan

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Decided to once again check out the "magical" (thank you @Vitali Ortzi ;)) VS Pro and so far the latest Beta is running very smooth with all core features enabled. Kudos to @danb. (y)(y)

User tip: I like to keep the desktop shield hidden to prevent disabling VS with an unintentional click. Users will always see VS running in the task bar.

Last edited:

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Decided to once again check out the "magical" (thank you @Vitali Ortzi ;)) VS Pro and so far the latest Beta is running very smooth with all core features enabled. Kudos to @danb. (y)(y)

User tip: I like to keep the desktop shield hidden to prevent disabling VS with an unintentional click. Users will always see VS running in the task bar.
The desktop shield is the first thing I disable immediately.
You can always right-click the taskbar icon to change settings so I still can't understand the use for the shield.
It only disrupts my screen space and workflow. It should be disabled by default with the option to be enabled for someone that needs it.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
The desktop shield is the first thing I disable immediately.
You can always right-click the taskbar icon to change settings so I still can't understand the use for the shield.
It only disrupts my screen space and workflow. It should be disabled by default with the option to be enabled for someone that needs it.
Interesting; I quite like the shield. I've got it positioned so as it is located on the edges of both monitors in a dual screen setup, in the middle of the two. I tend to keep my browser windows open so as they are slightly smaller size than full screen, so unless I have something open across both screens the shield does not distract me. I keep the shield because for some reason it attracts my attention better than the pop-up dialogue box does when action is required by VS, which opens in the bottom right of my (#1) screen.

Reactions: show-Zi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.