VoodooShield Latest

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb I can verify the WLC notification is working in the situation I described above.

When I inspected WLC component the unsafe files firewall inbound/outbound rules were both checked. Is this supposed to happen when I have "Create FW rules for unsafe items" unchecked? :unsure: If so, why?
If I am understanding you correctly, yes, I think that is how everyone wants it to work. Please let me know if that does not make sense to do it that way, thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the latest version. I made tons of minor improvements and optimizations, so VS should by flying now. There should not be any bugs, but if you find anything please let me know! I know I said this before, but I think we are close to being able to release this to the public.

VS 6.09
SHA-256: 4b91af71aae2eaf5871c5665a36d5212156790cfb4faaacabc3c0f26492d8ed7

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Stay Safe!

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
@danb I can verify the WLC notification is working in the situation I described above.

When I inspected WLC component the unsafe files firewall inbound/outbound rules were both checked. Is this supposed to happen when I have "Create FW rules for unsafe items" unchecked? :unsure: If so, why?
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood you. This was a bug that was fixed a couple of versions ago, like maybe a week or two ago. If anyone experiences this issue with 6.09, please let me know!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Kinda bumed. Edge wont download anything and if I try IE, it says file was deleted because virus found. Hoping I get my new router soon so I can install the new version.
Probably the new installer (VS 6.09) was blocked for file-reputation as fresh unknown file, according to VT: clean (0/66)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Probably the new installer (VS 6.09) was blocked for file-reputation as fresh unknown file, according to VT: clean (0/66)

Strange, because I can download it without any troubles with Edge and while using Microsoft Defender as realtime AV...
And installing is also not a problem on my system.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hmmm, that's odd, I just downloaded with Edge, IE and Firefox without a problem. Edge does have a false positive for the VS installer, but only when it is a new version, and only when the download path is https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe (basically for a new public release). We have had to report FP's to MS over 15-20 times. It is also odd because the new chromium based edge acts differently than the old edge.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys, here is the public release, we are going to release it tomorrow or Tuesday, thank you for all of your help! There were a couple of small bug fixes in this version, but I think we should be good to go. This will be the last release for a little while since I am working on converting all of the code to C#, so VS will only use C and C#, instead of 4-5. The conversion has made the code super clean and we are almost to the point of VS once again being pretty much bug free. VS 6.0 had a lot of changes so it introduced quite a few bugs, but we are back on track now.

VS 6.10
SHA-256: 610d1fe49fb85d11de1dad90bf73d842ad535a6c4ea13e6b625867e8429139f7

Have a great week, thank you guys!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys, here is the last beta I will probably post on here. There were quite a few small changes, but there should not be any major bugs. Please let me know if you find anything!

VS 6.12
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield612.exe
SHA-256: 873752461ff8bfd348cff4d3470193b0d5c7543af47b9fa39742a9723f38ae66

I am going to email the VS beta testers now, so if you do not get an email from me, either check your spam folder or let me know. Thank you!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I will probably post one more in a day or so, which should be the final public release for the old code base.

The new code, which has all been converted to C#, will be available for beta in a week or two. I was anticipating a couple of bugs, but so far it is humming. I would release it as a beta now, but there are a few things I need to finish up. But anyway, the initial beta release of the version with the converted code should be private for at least a couple of days.

I have actually been converting and cleaning up the code for several months now, all the while fixing the bugs in the old code base, so that when I did the final conversion a few weeks ago, everything would go smoothly. So it really is not exactly old code either ;).

But anyway, this is one of the big reasons why VS is so close to being actually bug free. And seriously, once VS is bug free, I really do not see a reason to keep this forum open, unless you guys can think of a reason ;).

The next step after the code conversion is modernizing the GUI, which should not introduce hardly any new bugs at all.

Thank you guys!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys,

So earlier today, a long time VS user reported that VS created a lag in Grammarly and basically slowed it down. I looked into the issue and found that Grammarly throws tons of command lines constantly (even though it is a great app). Well, I debugged for a while and found a rather significant bug that would slow things down a lot for certain apps, especially if they utilize a lot of command lines. It was a super simple fix and it did not hurt anything, but I could certainly see where this bug would have caused other apps to slow down or lag.

Anyway, that is fixed now and I think the whole Hide / Show in full screen is finally fixed. I have been working on this for weeks to get it just right. At times it would not show the user prompt at all… it was a mess. But I think it is spot on now (as Baldrick would say ;)).

VS 6.22
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield622.exe
SHA-256: e5c42ab5ee92870b938654577a3821795854ffa54abcef8598b9a1fe43acf9c3

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Posted on Wilders by Krusty:
I asked Dan and he said it was OK to post here, so:
Hey guys,

Here is the first beta version of VS with the all new code base (even though it is not marked as beta). There will not be any major issues, but if it does not run correctly for you, please install 6.22 instead.

From what I can tell, I have never seen VS run so smoothly and hopefully you guys will have the same experience.

There will probably be a few small bugs, so if you guys find anything please let me know!

VS 6.30

SHA-256: b72d60f762ed94a4b26dfa8f68dbd859d77be7d378d8c1787b3b9fac6bf0538f

Thank you,

Dan
I found one minor bug that Dan has fixed. In Smart Mode with a web app open VS wouldn't toggle to Off after 10 minutes of the machine being idle. I guess the fix will be included in the next version.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I just saw this and felt obligated to comment…

SecureAPlus Freemium

SAP was probably in Auto mode. Interactive mode should have easily blocked this. Then again, I have tested SAP for all of 10-20 minutes in total, so this is just a guess based on how things are supposed to work with application whitelisting.

If SAP is in Auto mode, then yeah, just like with VS on AutoPilot, it can be bypassed. It is not easy, but it is possible. But that just proves that the computer should be locked when it is at risk.

But to answer bellgamin’s question on whether this would bypass VS, assuming it is ON? Not a chance. Zero. Zip.

Then again, I think people in cybersecurity 20-30 years from now will look back and say “can you believe people used to not lock their computer when it was at risk?” The exact same way NAT was applied to literally every router.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hey guys, here is the latest, we are getting close with the new code base version. Thank you guys, have a great weekend!

VS 6.33
SHA-256: bff577cc3fa035367ff1c3f576c6a2b54a13b24f44be487d7b52b65a63252795
Thanks for the link, Dan.
I am taking it for a whirl right now, free version at default recommended settings (Smart mode) and I am very happy with what I see.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.