Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I see what you mean... thank you OS! It appears that when the WLC tray icon is disabled, and the "Notify me when new Not Safe items are detected on scans" is enabled, WLC is not alert properly for automatic scans. Should be an easy fix, I will look at it right now, thank you!@danb does VS alert user to new Not Safe items detected on WLC scans without tray icon running?
i.e. with "Show WhitelistCloud try icon" > Off and "Notify me when new Not Safe items are detected on scans" > On?
I've never seen a notification other than WLC tray icon.
I ask because I'd rather have a splash notification, and I don't care for the tray icon.Should be an easy fix, I will look at it right now, thank you!
Do you have the latest version 6.07 (from the post above yours) installed?Hi what is best thing to do with non safe items under whitelist cloud section?
Is the cpu spikes up to 35% normal while scanning under whitelist or opening VS?
malwaretips.com
Yeah, as @Gandalf_The_Grey recommends, if you do not know off the top of your head what these two items are, then it is a good idea to figure out exactly what they are, and VT should help with this.Hi what is best thing to do with non safe items under whitelist cloud section?
Is the cpu spikes up to 35% normal while scanning under whitelist or opening VS?
VS's WhitelistCloud component can create "block" rules for "unsafe" items but that is its only interaction with Windows Firewall.It seems Voodoo Shield also acts as a go between windows firewall with the create rule?
WF will not alert you.So one would not need another third party firewall for alerts as this will notify you of programs trying to run and or accessing the internet and you would only need Windows Firewall running?
Ok thanks much for clearing that up!VS's WhitelistCloud component can create "block" rules for "unsafe" items but that is its only interaction with Windows Firewall.
WF will not alert you.
You will need a 3rd party firewall front-end for WF, e.g.WFControl, etc. or a totally separate 3rd party FW like TinyWall (built on Windows Filtering Platform) to be notified of outgoing connection attempts.
User Prompt: c:\users\gandalf\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\20.201.1005.0009\filecoauth.exe | 0 |
[12-20-2020 20:21:08] [INFO ] - VoodooShield Blocked: c:\users\gandalf\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\20.201.1005.0009\filecoauth.exe | "c:\users\gandalf\appdata\local\microsoft\onedrive\20.201.1005.0009\filecoauth.exe" -e
Yeah, I got that block the other day as well... it is a very odd block. Let me look into this and I will fix it for the next version, thank you!
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes