VoodooShield Latest

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017

I installed v6.0, so far so good but now that Dan released a v6.01beta would it be recommended to install that version or not necessary?

Also in 6.0, using WLC, I downloaded Microsoft Edge Canary, installed it, and VS WCL component hung on Analysis for this 89 MB installer for over 10 minutes. I could not manually whitelist it, and wound up deactivating WCL to get out of the analysis loop. Whitelisting Analysis should be quick, otherwise it becomes useless.

Last edited:

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hey Guys, here is 6.02 beta. This will probably be the last version for a while because I am out of ideas for now and it looks like every bug has been fixed.

This version fixes the issue where every 5 seconds VS has a small cpu utilization spike… the VS cpu utilization should now be close to zero once it fully loads. Also, for some reason I forgot to have VS save the “Apps that connect to the internet” under the Web Apps tab in settings, but this is fixed now.

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Hey Guys, here is 6.02 beta. This will probably be the last version for a while because I am out of ideas for now and it looks like every bug has been fixed.

This version fixes the issue where every 5 seconds VS has a small cpu utilization spike… the VS cpu utilization should now be close to zero once it fully loads. Also, for some reason I forgot to have VS save the “Apps that connect to the internet” under the Web Apps tab in settings, but this is fixed now.

Do you have a link for the 6.02Beta download? Also what about the Analysis hanging in WLC module?

Last edited:
Reactions: Protomartyr

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Do you have a link for the 6.02Beta download? Also what about the Analysis hanging in WCL module?
If you read the VoodooShield forum from the link above you get the download link and you see that it's possibly not solved in 6.02.

VS 6.02 beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield602beta.exe
SHA-256: 4fd1c18a9d3449217a37649142bb753f63df1dd5d2a0c6c79dd78a956fc49b0c

So I think we are good to go for now, thanks again for all of your help!

Have a great weekend!
I installed version 6.02. the cloud was scanning two hard disk sentinel files for along time, so i clicked the X to stop and VS hung. Had to close VS and restart it again.
I had to uninstall VS 6.02 from my daughter's laptop, because we had some serious system freezes with it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I think that's the first big issue I've seen reported. Maybe Dan has done too much to VS?:unsure:
It was only on 1 of the 3 laptops here... maybe the stable version would have worked better... I don't know.
Had a lot of difficulties to remove it from a freezing laptop. Gandalf_The_Grey is much more grey now :eek:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I searched our error reporting database and only found a total of 3 minor errors for VS 6.02. So my best guess is that maybe that laptop had super old VS database files in C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield, or quite possibly the freeze was unrelated to VS. Either way I will keep an eye on it, thank you!

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I searched our error reporting database and only found a total of 3 minor errors for VS 6.02. So my best guess is that maybe that laptop had super old VS database files in C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield, or quite possibly the freeze was unrelated to VS. Either way I will keep an eye on it, thank you!

I also had the issue of WLC hanging for over 10 mins Analyzing a 89MB File. I posted this issue on the VS Forum fyi. Had to deactivate WLC because this was taking too long. There was no option to manually whitelist the file.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey guys, this should fix any issue with WLC causing VS to “freeze”. As far as whitelisting Not Safe items while they are being analyzed, there might be a way to do this, but I really need to see a screenshot to make sure we are on the right page.

VS 6.02a beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield602abeta.exe
SHA-256: a7a51b777dfb0b37940df178a8ce44e06b036c4e28bfda89e33468f01103f095

Thank you guys!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
VoodooShield 6.06 stable released:
Thank you Krusty, I will keep my eye in this, and if anyone else experiences this issue please let us know.

Here is 6.06 that we just released to the public. It is essentially the same as the 5.05 beta, with only a couple of very minor unnoticeable changes, mainly just reducing the logging. Thank you guys!

VS 6.06
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield.exe
SHA-256: b4d4300dae3ea4e6a9923f55079ebb2e5cfe4d6a5923edaf50bc63e0acf6bcbf

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Tried again today on that laptop.
Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 21.2.16.590 together with VoodooShield Pro 6.06 using AutoPilot mode.
That combination is rock solid at the moment, no more freezes.
If it stays that way, it will be my new security configuration.
Will test it for a week.

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Because powershell is a protected (vulnerable) process. If you ran this command, then allow it. If not, leave it be. Or contanct Dan if it's related to 3rd party soft on your system.
Well, this is the thing. I did not run anything at the moment, it was a random pop-up and I have no idea what caused the command. I would contact Dan immediately but I am skeptical as I am running the free version and not the Pro.

Edit: after a quick search in the Voodooshield forum I am not the only one with the powershell popups while running the latest version.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.