Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
If I am understanding you correctly, yes, I think that is how everyone wants it to work. Please let me know if that does not make sense to do it that way, thank you!@danb I can verify the WLC notification is working in the situation I described above.
When I inspected WLC component the unsafe files firewall inbound/outbound rules were both checked. Is this supposed to happen when I have "Create FW rules for unsafe items" unchecked?If so, why?
Oops, sorry, I misunderstood you. This was a bug that was fixed a couple of versions ago, like maybe a week or two ago. If anyone experiences this issue with 6.09, please let me know!@danb I can verify the WLC notification is working in the situation I described above.
When I inspected WLC component the unsafe files firewall inbound/outbound rules were both checked. Is this supposed to happen when I have "Create FW rules for unsafe items" unchecked?If so, why?
Probably the new installer (VS 6.09) was blocked for file-reputation as fresh unknown file, according to VT: clean (0/66)Kinda bumed. Edge wont download anything and if I try IE, it says file was deleted because virus found. Hoping I get my new router soon so I can install the new version.
Strange, because I can download it without any troubles with Edge and while using Microsoft Defender as realtime AV...Probably the new installer (VS 6.09) was blocked for file-reputation as fresh unknown file, according to VT: clean (0/66)
malwaretips.com
Hey guys, here is the last beta I will probably post on here. There were quite a few small changes, but there should not be any major bugs. Please let me know if you find anything!
VS 6.12
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield612.exe
SHA-256: 873752461ff8bfd348cff4d3470193b0d5c7543af47b9fa39742a9723f38ae66
I am going to email the VS beta testers now, so if you do not get an email from me, either check your spam folder or let me know. Thank you!
I will probably post one more in a day or so, which should be the final public release for the old code base.
The new code, which has all been converted to C#, will be available for beta in a week or two. I was anticipating a couple of bugs, but so far it is humming. I would release it as a beta now, but there are a few things I need to finish up. But anyway, the initial beta release of the version with the converted code should be private for at least a couple of days.
I have actually been converting and cleaning up the code for several months now, all the while fixing the bugs in the old code base, so that when I did the final conversion a few weeks ago, everything would go smoothly. So it really is not exactly old code either.
But anyway, this is one of the big reasons why VS is so close to being actually bug free. And seriously, once VS is bug free, I really do not see a reason to keep this forum open, unless you guys can think of a reason.
The next step after the code conversion is modernizing the GUI, which should not introduce hardly any new bugs at all.
Thank you guys!
Here is the latest version. It should be the last version and public release based on the old code base. There should not be any bugs, but if you find anything please let me know!
VS 6.20
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield620.exe
SHA-256: 22a19e0afb45fb6abb403d378d412d0436db65b3c397d56ca6023e3f7c115c67
Thank you guys!
Hey guys,
So earlier today, a long time VS user reported that VS created a lag in Grammarly and basically slowed it down. I looked into the issue and found that Grammarly throws tons of command lines constantly (even though it is a great app). Well, I debugged for a while and found a rather significant bug that would slow things down a lot for certain apps, especially if they utilize a lot of command lines. It was a super simple fix and it did not hurt anything, but I could certainly see where this bug would have caused other apps to slow down or lag.
Anyway, that is fixed now and I think the whole Hide / Show in full screen is finally fixed. I have been working on this for weeks to get it just right. At times it would not show the user prompt at all… it was a mess. But I think it is spot on now (as Baldrick would say).
VS 6.22
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield622.exe
SHA-256: e5c42ab5ee92870b938654577a3821795854ffa54abcef8598b9a1fe43acf9c3
Thank you guys, have a great weekend!
I found one minor bug that Dan has fixed. In Smart Mode with a web app open VS wouldn't toggle to Off after 10 minutes of the machine being idle. I guess the fix will be included in the next version.Hey guys,
Here is the first beta version of VS with the all new code base (even though it is not marked as beta). There will not be any major issues, but if it does not run correctly for you, please install 6.22 instead.
From what I can tell, I have never seen VS run so smoothly and hopefully you guys will have the same experience.
There will probably be a few small bugs, so if you guys find anything please let me know!
VS 6.30
SHA-256: b72d60f762ed94a4b26dfa8f68dbd859d77be7d378d8c1787b3b9fac6bf0538f
Thank you,
Dan
Thanks for the link, Dan.Hey guys, here is the latest, we are getting close with the new code base version. Thank you guys, have a great weekend!
VS 6.33
SHA-256: bff577cc3fa035367ff1c3f576c6a2b54a13b24f44be487d7b52b65a63252795
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes