Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
From Dan at VoodooShield

« Reply #789 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:03 pm »
Hey guys, here is 4.52… it is pretty much ready for public release. The only thing that I did not fix was the VoodooAi column sorting, but I will do that soon.
Here is what was fixed…

- The driver was causing some slowdown and weird issues on some systems and this was fixed
- hh.exe and helppane.exe are fixed
- The anti-exploit list in Advanced settings weird graphics issue is fixed
- The “"Same settings for all users" issue should be fixed, but if not, please let me know
- Auto Block is in red now
- Several other small bug fixes

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield452beta.exe

SHA256: 660ebc1718ee2f1095b640b71cc75f2eeefa668fd37b83334fea271165a70978

Thank you guys!

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Does anyone know if and how it's possible to stop the friday nag screen in the free version?
I already know one way: upgrading to pro :emoji_money_mouth: :cautious:

I

illumination

Already said, move on ;)
I stated it again for a reason. If everyone used the free version and just disabled the nag screen, how long do you figure the developer could keep developing and working the project while not making anything from it. If you like the application and can not stand the nag screen, then buy a license, it is how it works. Asking how to disable this is basically a smack in the developers face.... Moving on i shall...

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I stated it again for a reason. If everyone used the free version and just disabled the nag screen, how long do you figure the developer could keep developing and working the project while not making anything from it. If you like the application and can not stand the nag screen, then buy a license, it is how it works. Asking how to disable this is basically a smack in the developers face.... Moving on i shall...
So, people can ask how to disable telemetry, but not how to remove a nag screen? Ok, I've learnt something new today :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: vtqhtr413

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Yes, because telemetry and nag screens to upgrade to a paid version are definitely the same thing. <---- rhetorical....
Not rethorical, they are both a way to get money for future development, either direct (sell a license) or indirect (sell telemetry data)

I

illumination

Not rethorical, they are both a way to get money for future development, either direct (sell a license) or indirect (sell telemetry data)
Have you already paid for the system you are running that OS on, or did you get it for free. Is that telemetry data from MS for quality assurances or are they just scrapping you to make money. Does Dan from VS have a customer base like MS does, or even any of the other security companies... How is the developer suppose to grow large enough to keep his product going.

Do you seriously think you can stop collection of data by disabling some things, well yes you can, you can disable so much that you corrupt the system causing it to become unstable and crash, then they can not collect anything.

Im not going to continue this debate with a user that would rather appear to be right, then learn something. Nothing is truly free in this world. If you do not like the nag screen, then buy a license.

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
does everyone got lag few seconds when save setting in VS ?
VS pro version 4.28 stable
Lag/hang 8 second

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@gin I'm on VS 4.52 Beta and saving is about <4 seconds or so. Even on the older versions it was a "few" seconds. I never really cared about the saving time since i change most settings in one run and never again. Maybe depended on cpu, hdd or whatever (guessing).
If it really annoys you could try a beta (if you got a backup just to be safe) or if it if all other is running smoothly ignore it.
Never stop a running system :D

Reactions: gin

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
From Dan at VoodooShield

« Reply #789 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:03 pm »
Hey guys, here is 4.52… it is pretty much ready for public release. The only thing that I did not fix was the VoodooAi column sorting, but I will do that soon.
Here is what was fixed…

- The driver was causing some slowdown and weird issues on some systems and this was fixed
- hh.exe and helppane.exe are fixed
- The anti-exploit list in Advanced settings weird graphics issue is fixed
- The “"Same settings for all users" issue should be fixed, but if not, please let me know
- Auto Block is in red now
- Several other small bug fixes

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield452beta.exe

SHA256: 660ebc1718ee2f1095b640b71cc75f2eeefa668fd37b83334fea271165a70978

Thank you guys!

Honestly the most stable and fast Voodooshield version I've ever used......
The developer has made a great job!!!!

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2018, 01:38:08 pm »

Hey guys... I am running late, but I will catch up on the posts soon.
Here is 4.53. It is essentially the same as 4.52, but a few users were having an issue with the internet connection detection bug, so I am hoping this will fix it. Thank you!

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield453beta.exe

SHA256: 044870e151a161c1d9f3f98e2171617f2806235d45357757a625f70637ce8eb6

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Honestly the most stable and fast Voodooshield version I've ever used......
The developer has made a great job!!!!

Starting with 4.52 VS has been performing remarkably fast for me. Prior to this I would notice a bit of lag, I think because of a driver issue. But that's all gone, and now it's snappier than I have ever seen, perhaps even zero-weight feeling. I certainly don't notice the difference in system responsiveness and feel between OSArmor and VS now, whereas previously OSA felt lighter. No longer.

Reactions: MikeV and oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I have noticed a few times after I had shut my pc down for the night, VS did not start back up on boot. I have not tried the new version yet but did install it.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
What do you pair it with?

Dan told me Cylance and VS is a fantastic combo, I can't remember his exact words. But I decided to try that combo and it's remarkable and supremely lightweight and quite likely, totally impossible to infect a system.

cylance and VS have been working aok for me for awhile now :D

EDIT in fact I guess I run pretty clean as cylance has never caught any malware here, but it actually quarantined a trojan a few days ago! :eek: first time that it caught something here in many months of use, and I did confirm at VT it was a real trojan. Just wondering how it got in here??

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.