VoodooShield Latest

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

cylance and VS have been working aok for me for awhile now :D

EDIT in fact I guess I run pretty clean as cylance has never caught any malware here, but it actually quarantined a trojan a few days ago! :eek: first time that it caught something here in many months of use, and I did confirm at VT it was a real trojan. Just wondering how it got in here??

The cool thing about Cylance - it finds stuff, stuff other things miss. I'd be lying if I said it didn't find questionable, and sometimes downright scary stuff on some systems I put it on.

Also, side note. A family member was at a rather large Hospital Campus this week, they have about 11 hospitals around the region. The nurse left the system logged in so I had a look at the tray icons (and may have clicked). They're running CylancePROTECT, I was pretty surprised to see it given the size of this medical organization. A few years back a buddy told me they had 30,000 endpoints. :eek:

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I just looked yeaterday on COU and Dan was saying he would have it ready in more days. That was quick:emoji_ok_hand:

I think he brought it out earlier due to some recent posts made there and continues to work on it:

From Dan - "Here is the latest version. It is perfectly stable, but since there were major changes, there are probably going to be several small bugs. I wanted to test and debug a little more over the weekend, but it is in good enough shape for you guys to try it.

The graphic design of the new user prompt is not finalized… but the whole goal of this version was to make the user prompt much more user friendly and informative. If anyone has any suggestions on how we can further refine the prompt, please let me know.

You will also notice that VoodooAi is a lot quicker and more accurate.

The graph is now a unified composite of the blacklist scan and VoodooAi… which makes a lot more sense and will be less confusing to end users. I also removed the option to disable the blacklist and VoodooAi because having these options made unifying the blacklist and VoodooAi (and recommendations) next to impossible (the logic was crazy complicated).

Please try some old files that used to be VS false positives… I bet you it is fixed .

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield460beta.exe

There might be a couple of old bugs that are still not fixed… if so, please let me know.

Thank you guys, have a great weekend!"

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Version 4.62 is now available for VS users.

From Dan:

"...
Here is 4.62... if we do not find any bugs over the next few days, we will release this version publicly. Then we can talk about little design tweaks that we can implement for the next version that we will release in a month or so. We do not want to do anything major to the design at this point because Mike V has some really cool designs we are looking at for a total graphic redesign. But if you guys have any suggestions on little tweaks we can do to make the user prompts as intuitive and user-friendly as possible that would be great!

4.62 actually had some rather significant changes as far as speeding everything up and cleaning up the code even more. Also... one of the biggest things that has always bugged me about VS is that when you are installing software, a lot of times it will block .tmp, .cmd, etc. files from the installer that are actually child processes of the installer. Most or all of these blocks should be completely fixed now... if you find any please let me know and I will see what I can do. Anyway, the idea being... that's great that VS initially blocks the installer and the user can read the file insight and decide whether to allow the software or not... but VS should not create 5-20 blocks every time you want to install software. It should block it once, and then install the software without interruption, unless something really odd is detected... like if VoodooAi is quite high. Anyway, I think you guys will really like this refinement... and as I was saying, if you find any unnecessary blocks during an install, please let me know and I will see if we can safely allow them. There will probably be occasions where there is no way to safely auto allow these child processes... but hopefully these will be few and far between.

SHA256: 214f1714450853e4c636f927d34bed0338d3d9daf99eed1ee593dd6f9691a508

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield462.exe

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!

Edit: Also, Cuckoo Sandbox should be running perfectly now. It ran out of hard drive space a couple of weeks ago and it created all kinds of issues, but they are fixed now. If you guys notice any issues with Cuckoo please let me know."

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

From Dan today: 4.63
"
Hey everyone, I made a few more changes before the public release… here is 4.63. The changes were mainly just optimizations and refinements.

https://www.voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield463.exe

SHA256: 0a58612b203df4794e9e0e496b5ab09651288acbe7fc4adb2f98a4e088ccafee

Cuckoo crashed again because the database was corrupt from when the hard drive filled up. Anyway, I wiped out all of the old data, so it will be good to go for 8-12 months .

I am way behind on some stuff, so I will talk to you guys asap, thank you!"

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

A poster on COU mentioned after installing this new version their Lic info changed and could be from the corrupted data base after the hard drive on Dan's end filled up. This posters new Lic shows in the GUI as 1/1/0001

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.