VoodooShield Latest

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Dan's post on the forum

"I am not quite sure why some user confirmations are not being received, but hopefully we will figure it out soon. Also, I totally forgot to check the admin@voodooforums.com email the last few hours, so there was a delay… sorry about that.
If you guys need anything, please email me at support at voodooforums.com or voodooshield.com "

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
If you're interested in a frree 1 year license for VS Pro, act now on this offer from Dan.

"For a limited time… Simply sign up for VoodooForums and create two new “quality” forum topics or blog posts, then send me a message and you will receive one free year of VoodooShield Pro! "

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

If you're interested in a frree 1 year license for VS Pro, act now on this offer from Dan.

"For a limited time… Simply sign up for VoodooForums and create two new “quality” forum topics or blog posts, then send me a message and you will receive one free year of VoodooShield Pro! "

Talk about a good deal eh?

Alexhousek

Level 2
Verified
Aug 19, 2017
Dan is a 1 (or 1 1/2) person show. And, he's a pretty busy guy. To the best of my knowledge, he is running his own forum. I don't believe that he has enlisted help for that. So, be patient. It might take a day or so for him to respond to emails from the forum.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
He said to look in your spam emails, Mr. Burns. But maybe you did that already. So, maybe someone can relay the difficulty on your behalf/s. By the way, the ratio right now of moderator to participant over there seems like practically 1:1. lol! So, it would behoove one to add more accounts soon! (y)

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Apologize my ignorance, because of my youth I am probably be lacking some background info:

A few years ago it seem to have an much more active user base at MalwareTips, so it seems like a product in decline (software needs paying users). There are not many security forums (left?). Security for home users is at best a niche market, why does a 1.5 man band company spends time on launching (another) security forum?

Can someone explain?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Apologize my ignorance, because of my youth I am probably be lacking some background info:

A few years ago it seem to have an much more active user base at MalwareTips, so it seems like a product in decline (software needs paying users). There are not many security forums (left?). Security for home users is at best a niche market, why does a 1.5 man band company spends time on launching (another) security forum?

Can someone explain?

he has backers and a way to stay in touch with people who backs him and not attacks him. I would say his product is first rate. i been around these forums for a long time. was one of wilders original 1000 members. dont post as much now days but was one of the first to beta test for Symantec, Norton. so i am not an entire newbi

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

You probably lack some of the old-age dementia that many around here have... (not directed at anybody)

A few years ago it seem to have an much more active user base at MalwareTips, so it seems like a product in decline (software needs paying users).

At least in my opinion... Dan's product has slowly gotten better and better. For many years, I did not consider it a serious product. But now... it clearly is.

There are not many security forums (left?).

True. Wilders is like your geriatric great uncle's security forum. Other forums are pretty much niche players. MT is it.

Security for home users is at best a niche market...

Well.... I don't really think home users are a niche market. Considerable competition is going on for our consumer dollars..

...why does a 1.5 man band company spends time on launching (another) security forum?

Welllll.... he has @ForgottenSeer 58943 helping him. So it's all good. Sly is a gonna take care of business.

Why Sly wants the swishy gladiator guy on his forum front page.... hmmmm.... I dunno. You can ask Sly.

1571875886867.png

Can someone explain? [/QUOTE]

Hopefully somebody can.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Welllll.... he has @ForgottenSeer 58943 helping him. So it's all good. Sly is a gonna take care of business.

Why Sly wants the swishy gladiator guy on his forum front page.... hmmmm.... I dunno. You can ask Sly.

No idea about the Gladiator.

VSF will attract a good subset of folks. One of the key ways to drive a lot of traffic to a new forum is to make it an unofficial or official forum for this or that software or hardware and well, there are a few big players that could be going to do that at the VSF in fairly short order. Largely driven by my contacts at those firms, and depending on how Dan feels. Also with some of the top IT guys in the biz heading over there from some pretty big firms like Fortinet and Trend Micro, things should fire up pretty quick.

However there are layout adjustments and fine tuning necessary obviously. (and the Gladiator)

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
A few years ago it seem to have an much more active user base at MalwareTips
When Dan was active on this and the other forum, it generated a lot of buzz. People are still using it, but more quietly.
It's sort of like the same story with Comodo Firewall. When CruelSister posted vids and fielded questions, there was a lot of buzz. But people are still using Comodo Firewall.

John Burns

Level 1
Verified
Jan 20, 2017
He said to look in your spam emails, Mr. Burns. But maybe you did that already. So, maybe someone can relay the difficulty on your behalf/s. By the way, the ratio right now of moderator to participant over there seems like practically 1:1. lol! So, it would behoove one to add more accounts soon! (y)

I look in my spam folder daily - nothing - thanks for your suggestion tho. I'm sure he will get it figured out soon.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.