Expired Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2014 (3 PCs) free for 6 months

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
I downloaded the trial, it seems to be working just fine for me. I only got 14 days free and an offer to purchase cheaper if I "buy now" rather than wait for the two weeks to end.

One thing that may just be coincidental, right after install my computer refuses to fully shut down. I also installed the Malwearbytes antimalware about the same time. I'm still trying to figure it out. The computer appears to be shut down after keying but the power light stays on on the tower and keyboard lights come on & stay on. I tried exiting all background programs for shutdown but it made no difference. I am now thinking of resetting all the defaults on the PC to see if it will make a difference.

Anyway Webroot appears to be doing its job quite well and I am considering purchase unless I hear something bad before I do.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
@jenniferatemple

what Antivirus software where you using before Webroot and did you just uninstall it from the add/remove in
the control panel

the reason i ask is sometimes the uninstall of the AV can leave stuff behind that can interfere with the install
and running of the next AV software you install

most AV software have a uninstall tool that will clean most of the leftover stuff to make the next install better
so you could run it with Webroot disabled and see if it helps

but be sure to turn Webroot back on after though

i also had trouble with Webroot and Shadow Defender on my other pc and read others had trouble also so it could be
a conflect with other software you use but Webroot worked ok with Malwarebytes

:)

James

jenniferatemple

Verified
Oct 2, 2013
jim lin said:
@jenniferatemple

what Antivirus software where you using before Webroot and did you just uninstall it from the add/remove in
the control panel

but be sure to turn Webroot back on after though

i also had trouble with Webroot and Shadow Defender on my other pc and read others had trouble also so it could be
a conflect with other software you use but Webroot worked ok with Malwarebytes

James

Thanks, James. As it was, I had no prior anti virus. I while back, I did have McAfee installed. I always use revo Uninstaller and then it is my practice to run Ccleaner after any removal just to be sure its all clean. Revo generally uses the programs own uninstall before searching for remaining registry bits.

What kind of "trouble" did you have. I thought a failure to shut down all the way was likely coincidental and just chanced to happen simultaneously.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
with Webroot and Shadow Defender installed i had a startup hang on startup with my old Win xp pc i now have a
Win 8 pc and just use Windows Defender and safesurf if i do something risky i will use Shadow Defender or fire
up Virtualbox with a Win xp or Win 7 VM to play around with trying software and such things Virtualbox is great
to learn on because you can just delete the VM and start again

i also use Virtualbox to learn Linux on i use Linux lite right now and go to a risky site to watch Sons of Anarchy
i'm addicted to this show and i'v seen everyone lol but can't aford cable and have the internet at the sametime

i use Revo uninstaller also but read it's not good to use to uninstall Securty software with and i use Ccleaner
also but there reg cleaner do's not clean very deep in the registry so things could still be leftover and messing
around in the registry can mess up the pc (been there done that lol)

so when i work on my friends pc's and thay had Norton or Mcafee i still run there uninstall tool to make sure nothing
is left behind that can interfear with the next AV install just to be safe

my new pc came with Norton and the first thing i did was download there uninstall tool and use it lol

you can find the Mcafee Consumer Products Removal tool here
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

James

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
after uninstalling software

under the folders options then view i would unhide the hidden files & folders,extensions and protected OS files
then look in these places to find left over files & folders

Finding the location of all special folders in Windows
http://www.nirsoft.net/articles/find_special_folder_location.html

after deleting what i find then i use Ccleaner to delete then Ccleaners reg cleaner to clean the registry sometimes
it takes more than one pass with Ccleaner to get it all

with the newer OS sometimes it woin't let you delete some files & folders because of permissions so i use a tool called
Unlocker (this tool comes with unwanted software so take care when installing)

James

paybe

Nov 3, 2013
thanks 100% working

Attachments

• okay.png
    okay.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 686

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Several members the past few days has tried to post a new giveaway for
Code:
http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php

This giveaway link is already included on the main post and does not need to be posted again.

Enjoy!! :D

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
@terene

after registering, there is only a link http://www.webroot.com/customerSupport/broncosTrial.php

It has already been posted

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah I tried this out early. Pretty lame. It does say for a year on the website.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Webroot Defensive Stop of the Game Promotion Offered in the 50 U.S. between 12:01 PM MT on August 29, 2013 and 11:59 AM MT on January 25, 2014 January 3, 2014 (This offer has been extended to January 25, 2014). During the Offer Period, you will receive a free 6 months subscription for Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus for 1 device, valued at $19.99. Offer applies only to subscriptions downloaded from www.webroot.com/broncos. Not valid on previously purchased or out-of-stock merchandise. May not be combined with any other offer, coupon or discount. Webroot reserves the right to modify, cancel or terminate this offer at any time without notice. Void where taxed, restricted or prohibited, and to employees of Webroot and participating online affiliates.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
aham , link from the second post :)
Link was heading to installer that Webroot missed to protect :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.