Troubleshoot Webroot SecureAnywhere Webroot Filtering Extension Help not working today

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I have been using Webroot 6 months giveaway and i love it never had a problem once until now the web Filtering Extension doesn't seem to be working today not sure why. Please help me determen the problem please thank u

XQPJprF.png

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I also have Advance system care on my pc and did scan yesterday with it was working yesterday. Took a few steps disabled it in firefox and renabled it still nothing. closed firefox the reopend it nothing. shutdown webroot and restarted it nothing still

Upvote 0
Y

yigido

Close all softwares and install WSA again over the previous one? I do not know why this issue happens

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Its up to date. 8.0.4.115. Ok did what u said and uninstalled webroot and installed it again checked browser and still didn't work. But then i said what the hack let me restart my PC Voliaaa it works now hmmm Windows 8.1 i think :confused:

Reactions: yigido
Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
OK now it went back to not working again. PC seems faster after i removed advance system care 7.4. I uninstalled webroot again reinstalled it 3 times now not working restarted my pc

Upvote 0
Y

yigido

Maybe the problem or any bug in it. You can report it to them. Re-install solves many of problems except your issue.
An Advanced System Care or something like this, these kind of optimizing programs is not necessary.
CCleaner is enough for cleaning. No need to tweak, ASC can brake your PC while it wants to make PC faster

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Ya i have heard about that ASC and tuneup but i don't believe it:) But its off of my pc. U know a good meter gedet like that that shows your cpu and ram like that

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Ok did what u said And so this is what they said. Sent them the log Guess its an issue there working on :)

Hello,

This is a new known issue, but thank you for reporting it. Our development team has been notified and is working towards a resolution, this should be a temporary outage. No action on your part is necessary, however you can follow the instructions below to upload logs that will help our development team resolve the issue faster.

In order to better understand what is occurring, we would like to gather more information with our specialized log gathering utility, wsalogs, which will greatly expedite the diagnosis and repair of the problem. Once you have completed the following instructions, please let us know that the logs are available to review.

Below are the steps to gather this data:

1. Download Webroot's log-gathering utility from the following link:

http://download.webroot.com/wsalogs.exe

2. Save the file to your Desktop (or the preferred Download folder of your web browser).

3. Once it has finished downloading, double-click the wsalogs.exe file on your Desktop to run it.

4. In the box labeled "Email:", enter the same email address you used for this support site.

5. Click the "Go!" button to begin the log gathering process.

Expect the utility to take between 1 to 10 minutes to gather the necessary information. The run time depends on various factors on your computer, including the size of the Webroot software logs and the compression speed of the computer. This utility is designed to gather extended logs from the Webroot software and basic system information.

Your privacy is very important to us. All information gathered is in accordance with Webroot's Privacy Policy and will only be used to expedite the identification and resolution of the issue reported. You can view our Privacy Policy here: www.webroot.com/privacy.

The utility will gather the necessary information and will attempt to return it automatically via a secure dropbox connection (please allow PSCP.exe through your firewall, if asked). A copy of the logs will also be present on your Desktop, named in the following fashion "wsalogs_email@you.set_date-time.7z". The utility will then attempt to return you to this web page; please leave a message letting us know you have sent the requested logs.

Thank you,

Webroot Technical Support

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Hello,

We got them, thank you! Currently Google and Yahoo seem to be working but Bing is still out when using Chrome, while Bing and Yahoo work using FireFox but not Google. The service is going in and out though it seems, this is to be expected as we worth through this issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

The Webroot Support Team

hahaha they hit a BUG why update then it was fine version before :p

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.