Webroot, the only small AV left.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Have been alternating between Webroot and Kaspersky.
I installed and used Webroot for about 16 months but then I wanted to change :) so I got a Kaspersky Internet Security license and it was working very good for some months when I noticed that my laptop started to overheat... Reinstalled Webroot and so far so good, my laptop is OK temperature wise now. I don't know what happened. Maybe an incompatibility with the latest W10 update, Kaspersky and my laptop... maybe.
I can say Webroot has been performing very very good, very light on system resources, I only notice a delayed start when opening new files; specially when the files are large like video files. But after that, the files open normally. I presume Webroot marks the files as safe in a whitelist.
My experience with this light AV has been so good that I got a license for my very old W7 laptop too.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.