Advice Request What are good free VPN's

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
I currently have Kaspersky Premium (which comes with a VPN) however whenever the subscription ends I plan on going over to Checkpoint Harmony which doesnt. Are there any free VPN's that are good?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
There are some decent free VPN options available, but keep in mind that they often come with limitations. ProtonVPN, Windscribe, and Hotspot Shield offer free plans with varying features and data caps. However, for more robust features and better privacy, it is generally recommended to invest in a paid VPN service.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Proton should be your first choice, as they're trustworthy and don't limit the amount of data you can use.
Agreed, and they don't renege on their promises, not yet anyway. They say free always. Let's hope that's not until Putin dies like a certain other company.

Reactions: Sorrento

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
There was a time when I have to use a free VPN before subscribe to Mullvad. I chose Proton VPN and didn't expect much. But suprisingly, it's nearly as good as paid Mullvad VPN, except for the limited number of locations.

Reactions: Sorrento

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Kaspersky VPN is available as a standalone product.

Proton VPN Free offers Unlimited Bandwidth at Medium Speed and Limited Locations.

A paid-only option is NordVPN.

The iOS version has less features than the Android version. By design, iOS does NOT allow Split-tunnelling, therefore you won’t be able to exclude IP Addresses or Apps from the VPN.

If you are a Google One subscriber, you may be eligible to use VPN by Google One. It’s not a fully featured VPN but offers basic privacy and security over public WiFi networks, which is far better than using none at all. It is available for both desktop and mobile devices.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Agreed, and they don't renege on their promises, not yet anyway. They say free always. Let's hope that's not until Putin dies like a certain other company.
Windscribe lost my trust with their Ukraine sever seizure, so the lifetime data limit debacle never interested me. Though I can see how those who were privy to the deal would be upset by the whole thing.

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
There really only is one option for VPN use. Mullvad. Go with the VPN that recently proved in court that they keep no records and are not legally required to do so. They have more RAM-based servers than anyone else; I believe 75% of their server are RAM based and 10gbps by now. No gimmicks. No special deals only if you buy long term. No shenanigans or douchebaggery. Good, free, VPNs do not exist.

Last edited:

edward663

Aug 22, 2023
There are many options available but if you want to buy a free VPN then I can't recommend any free VPN, since they come with restrictions or they may keep the user's data so they can sell to marketing companies and the way they earn, other than this you can't do torrenting or Netflixing so what's the point using free VPN.

In my opinion, try something like FastestVPN as they offer a lifetime subscription for just $40 which is easy to afford for everyone, and on top of that, you'll get everything under one roof that a VPN should have.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.