Poll What are uBlockOrigin users going to do when Google Manifest 3 will be implemented

When Mv3 will be implemented, what are uBlockOrigin users going to do?

• 1. I am going to switch (or already have to switched) to another content/ad blocker extenstion

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 2. I am going to switch (or already have to switched) to another browser

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • 3. I am going to switch (or already have to switched) to uBlockLite

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 4. I don't know yet (or still hoping that uBO will be adopted to Mv3)

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 5. Switch to Adguard Desktop plus DNS

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 6. Not using Chromium browser and really thinking my browser of choice won't adopt to www standards

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
So when will uBlock Origin officially or most likely die ?

I did not know this.

Thankfully I have Ad Guard Home too desktop program but wish it would block cookie notifications. For some reason it won't. I have no idea why.

I tried everything.

Prefer using the filters in Ad Guard Home desktop to do it over another addon.

Don't mind using uBlock Origin instead but if it will cease to exist or work soon then no point.

Reactions: Nevi and Trident

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
1. brave shield doesn't update adguard filter lists
2. adguard or ghostery
3. maybe floorp (or waterfox) with uBO
4. five months to try adguard desktop, but it has so many settings (I opened a thread about)
5. I've never tried uBOLite
6. at the moment I use Quad9 as dns

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.