Advice Request What are your top 5 Privacy Extensions for your browser?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Kongo

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
For Cache, Cookie, other-cleaning extension:
That is nowadays Browser internal feature ;)
the thing is that Chrome doesn't provide an option to remove browsing history after closing the browser, only firefox does as far as i know. So I'm looking for an extension that does that for me, without deleting cookies too. :(

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
the thing is that Chrome doesn't provide an option to remove browsing history after closing the browser, only firefox does as far as i know. So I'm looking for an extension that does that for me, without deleting cookies too. :(
Edge Chromium has that option:
Annotation 2020-06-12 230503.png
Might be worth a look? 🤷‍♂️

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Are you using PB with built-in and µBO/Adbguard?

For me, the foundation for both Edge and Vivaldi. (y) Clear URL extension also--many thanks, oldschool, a good addition. AdGuard DNS also.

Plus some native tweaks in Edge since Viv. is also Sandboxie'd and set to auto-delete after closing. I don't consider Sandboxie for privacy purposes, more for general security. And....that's it.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
Chrome (on Windows):
  • chrome://flags modifications
  • uBlock Origin
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • CookieAutoDelete
Edge (Chromium; on Windows):
  • uBlock Origin
Brave (on Linux)
  • Built in settings/integrated extensions
Firefox (on Android):
  • about:config modifications
  • uBlock Origin
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • CookieAutoDelete
Side note:
A setup that I used to run was Firefox (desktop) and making use of Firefox's Multi-Account Containers and pairing it with Temporary Containers. It is a pain to setup, but once you get it configured to how you want it, it's worth it.

Also, a majority of the about:config Firefox tweaks I implemented can be found here (in the section labeled Firefox: Privacy Related "about:config" Tweaks): Web Browsers | PrivacyTools

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.