shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Manjaro. My one is a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Manajro KDE. Manjaro because it's almost cutting edge but stable and there's also AUR. KDE because I think it's the most beautiful and customizable DE. I wish I could use KDE on Window 10.
I like KDE, too. I installed KDE desktop on Ubuntu 19.04, so now I have Kubuntu 19.04.
It's amazing how every desktop has its own bugs. You just have to find a desktop with bugs you can live with.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
Manjaro. My one is a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Manajro KDE. Manjaro because it's almost cutting edge but stable and there's also AUR. KDE because I think it's the most beautiful and customizable DE. I wish I could use KDE on Window 10.

You can use KDE on windows, but it is unstable and i wouldn't recommend using it.

Reactions: Step 1 and bribon77

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Well now I'm using Lubuntu, because I broke my pc by making silly inventions.
And well until new order I am with a 17 year old PC and goes great with Lubuntu, I want to try Antix linux aver as it goes, but I do not think it will go better.:giggle:

bribon77

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
DeepinScreenshot_Seleccionar área_20190630131748.png
DeepinScreenshot_Seleccionar área_20190630132510.png

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Until switchable graphics (Nvidia Optimus) is not supported (meaning proprietary drivers and gui to switch b/w them are installed out of the box) it's a no go for me. Still I always have a bootable USB preloaded with Manjaro ready to go, for just in-case.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Fatdog64 build 801 for occasional use as a live CD/USB. My first Linux was Puppy as a live CD on an old 32-bit laptop without a hard disk.
Ohh man I forgot about the little puppy. This thing is so freaking small that you can actually remove the USB drive/cd/dvd after booting from it, because it loads and run from RAM itself.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Manjaro XFCE, for its rolling updates and easy to use package application manager
Same, it's my go to Linux for emergency bootable USB and if some friend asks for an Windows alternative.

Question: Anyone using SNAPS on Manjaro?
I have all the apps I need on the Pamac. I don't see the need to use unless the app you need is not there.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@Lenny_Linux or @Anyone I was trying out Manjaro xfce a couple weeks ago and I had a weird problem with the clock. I set the hardware clock to local time, so it won't conflict with Windows dual boot, but then my Windows virtual machine started showing the wrong time. I couldn't sort the issue out. In the end, I just deleted the Manjaro partition, out of frustration, since I already had Windows and Mint running correctly, and I installed MX instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.