Advice Request What is considered a shady VPN?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I dare to ask, so which VPN providers are trustworthy? I switched to KeepVPN and its speed is slow plus some sites become inaccessible to me.
I don't think we can fully trust any VPN provider...Having said that I have used air vpn in the past.I mean even using Tor,the NSA is tracking every search query we make with there high speed servers

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I dare to ask, so which VPN providers are trustworthy? I switched to KeepVPN and its speed is slow plus some sites become inaccessible to me.
Mullvad would be my first choice, assuming you don't plan on using it for accessing foreign media libraries (Netflix, etc.). Their location, ownership and leadership are publicly available, the majority of their software is open source, and they've had their apps, infrastructure and DNS service audited by reputable third-parties. They're also developing a new security architecture that will lessen the need for users to blindly trust their architecture in favour of providing proof of its trustworthiness via cryptography.

TunnelBear or ProtonVPN would be my runners-up. Both have similar transparency chops to Mullvad.

Balrog

Level 6
Verified
May 5, 2015
I admit I trust Ekspress VPN. I have used it 2 years, and it's fast, and their customer care is good and fast.
Interesting. Unfortunately for me, it does not offer a Linux client. Although of course, there is always the proxy chain option.

Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.