Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I think we're using an incorrect definition of soul. Faith, believing in some power above us, does not come from our soul, but our brain, still I think you already know this.
Many people think that the mind is related to the brain, and the soul is not.
But, the religion and faith, still may come from the soul (unconsciously), and next they can be simply perceived and analyzed by the mind.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Play a baseball game. The winning team is delighted and the loser is frustrated. Both pleasure and remorse are 'real,' but the only real that can be objectively communicated is that there was a baseball game. It is several 'real' that is there.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
View attachment 210761

Stop blaming aliens for everything.. they'll get offended... :alien:

On the topic of reality nobody can actually know what it is.. Our senses are incomplete, part of our visual field is created in the brain to compensate for a bug in our vision that creates a blind spot more or less in the middle of our visual field, etc...

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Play a baseball game. The winning team is delighted and the loser is frustrated. Both pleasure and remorse are 'real,' but the only real that can be objectively communicated is that there was a baseball game. It is several 'real' that is there.
If one would perform the psychological tests, then the emotions of both teams could be measured. I think that euphoria and frustration can also leave different traces in the brain. So, one could say that they were real and can be objectively communicated (from psychological point of view).

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
View attachment 210761

Stop blaming aliens for everything.. they'll get offended... :alien:

On the topic of reality nobody can actually know what it is.. Our senses are incomplete, part our visual field is created in the brain to compensate for a bug in our vision that creates a blind spot more or less in the middle of our visual field, etc...
It seems that a man is only an interacting part of the Universe. It is impossible for any part of the Universe to get complete information about the whole Universe. But, I am not sure if this fact can prevent to know something about reality.:alien:;)
In fact, many people listen to the music, even without the perfect pitch.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
So, one could say that they were real and can be objectively communicated (from psychological point of view).

One could also say that what we perceive to be our "real" experience is simply: "that which is known by mind". Feelings, thoughts, emotions, are all experiences, which are effects of previous causes and conditions. And these causes are likewise the results of previous actions. Thus we have the chain of cause and effects, or karma. And only the person themselves can experience the effects of their karma. No one else can do this for them. But our actions have effects on others as well ourselves. That is why sages have always cautioned about watching our intention. In fact, the concise definition of karma is intention, or mental action.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
It seems that a man is only an interacting part of the Universe. It is impossible for any part of the Universe to get complete information about the whole Universe. But, I am not sure if this fact can prevent to know something about reality.:alien:;)
In fact, many people listen to the music, even without the perfect pitch.
We can know what our flawed senses can translate to our minds. Physics and math can show us aspects of reality that aren't obvious. But I don't think we can understand any complex system being a part of it.

Let's remember that we don't actually remember fact but an interpretation of what our senses showed us with a tint of our emotional bias. To truly understand reality we would have to be objective and we aren't.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
But I don't think we can understand any complex system being a part of it.

Maybe you've come the closest to nailing it so far. We can't grasp the concept of true reality simply because it's not humanly possible. We can only interpret our subjective versions of it thru our flawed brains and therefore, our senses. And hope that our fellow citizens support us with their like-minded interpretations.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Who can confirm what reality is? Who has the absolute truth about it? Don't we all live different realities, or do we share a same one?

If anybody can confirm what reality is, how can we be sure they're even real? Can't they be projections of our own reality? Do I even exist in your reality? You're absolutely sure this message you're reading isn't just a projection of your subconscious? You can't even be sure if I'm real. And even if you see me, I may just be something your brain created for your reality.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Who can confirm what reality is?
Most people or no one, depending on the definition of reality.

Who has the absolute truth about it?
Probably no one. It is not required.

Don't we all live different realities, or do we share a same one?
There can be a "personal reality", "human reality", "spider reality", etc. Furthermore, there can exist a hidden REALITY shared in some way by persons, humans, spiders, etc. Everything depends on the definition of reality.
Some people believe that the concrete chair is a part of reality. But, the physicist can say that it is not so easy, because the chair at the moment T1 has usually a different number of atoms than T1 + 1s. So, it is not the same physical thing. The chair can be a complex physical process. Furthermore, if all conscious intelligent creatures would die in the Universe, then the chair will not be a chair anymore (chair is for sitting), but a collection of the particles. The chairness died with creatures that understood what is it.

If anybody can confirm what reality is, how can we be sure they're even real?
Can't they be projections of our own reality? Do I even exist in your reality? You're absolutely sure this message you're reading isn't just a projection of your subconscious? You can't even be sure if I'm real. And even if you see me, I may just be something your brain created for your reality.
You can spend many hours asking similar questions. You can get different answers, until you will define properly what reality means to you. It is also possible, that the right definition waits to be discovered by someone smarter than us.:)

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Reality is made of informations our brain receive and can comprehend.
So, the Earth was not real until the first brain evolved.:unsure:

There is also another problem with such a definition.
If the information is part of reality, then the definition looks like:
Reality is made of parts of reality ????? ( vicious circle)
If information is not part of reality, then we have:
Reality is made of parts that are not real ??????

Yes, it is not an easy problem.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
We can't even really understand what space and time are. How can we hope to understand reality?

Hi mlnevese (and all of you), nice to meet you,

If we want to talk about space in general, it is before A, then between A and B, and after B, and also around A and B, and also around 'before, between and after' A and B, so everywhere beyond, without borders. So space has no borders. And is real between A and B and beyond. So beyond is real.
But if we want to talk about the space of the room, we consider only space of this room, in this room, not beyond.
Reality it's all that is physically existing, independently of the individual (living: man, animal, plants) perceiving it.
Reality is not created by commenting on it, commenting on the aspects of the material world.
What living beings (humans, animals) think = describe is only about reality, a description of reality that exists physically and is independent of the individual perceiving it ....

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

So, the Earth was not real until the first brain evolved.:unsure:

There is a problem with such a definition.
If the information is part of reality, then the definition looks like:
Reality is made of parts of reality ?????
If information is not part of reality, then we have:
Reality is made of parts that are not real ??????

Yes, it is not an easy problem.
Remember, the Earth was flat , until someone (forget its name) thought it was round, then reality adjusted when enough people believed it
same for Ghosts, Vampires and werewolves, they were real until people start to disbelieve :ROFLMAO:
just joking

There is a theory about dimensional spaces, saying our under-developed brain can only handle (for now) a tri-dimensional reality, but the day it will evolve enough then we will discover another aspect of the universe invisible for now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.