Advice Request What is the Best Tool to Search Registry with Bulk Delete Feature?

System utilities
9 Replies 2,007 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.

lokamoka820

Level 55
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Geeks recommend not to use registry cleaners anymore, but sometimes I need to remove some remnants from the registry, for example: if I enabled context menu option in MusicBee, it will remain after uninstalling the software, and antivirus software is obvious example too.

Windows registry can find entities but will let me delete them one in a time, is there a tool to search and delete as what voidtools Everything do with files?
 
Yes, there is a tool called "RegScanner" by NirSoft. It offers advanced search capabilities and allows you to delete multiple registry keys at once. However, be careful while using it as deleting the wrong registry keys can cause system instability. Always backup your registry before making any changes.
 
Geeks recommend not to use registry cleaners anymore, but sometimes I need to remove some remnants from the registry, for example: if I enabled context menu option in MusicBee, it will remain after uninstalling the software, and antivirus software is obvious example too.

Windows registry can find entities but will let me delete them one in a time, is there a tool to search and delete as what voidtools Everything do with files?
 
The Windows Registry should not be 'cleaned' daily. Most leftover or dead registry key items cause no issues.

Registry cleaners can be used to remove leftover registry key items if the uninstallation fails, or a programs gets corrupted.

Create a backup or system image before manually deleting from the Windows Registry.
 
I've had this after uninstalling Silverlight. :(
I manually found and deleted an enormous amount of obsolete entries (11.5 MB) with Registry Finder. :eek:
That was after what CCleaner already deleted.
Made a backup of course:

screenshot_20240617.png


In this program multiple entries can be selected at once.
 
I've had this after uninstalling Silverlight. :(
I manually found and deleted an enormous amount of obsolete entries (11.5 MB) with Registry Finder. :eek:
That was after what CCleaner already deleted.
Made a backup of course:

View attachment 283845

In this program multiple entries can be selected at once.
Nice program, thanks for recommending it.
 
I have been following a golden rule. If uninstalling a program does not cause any issues or causes errors and warnings, leave the registry alone. It is not worth it.

Btw I've never uninstalled a security product for example. I always restore a clean system image taken prior to the installation of the said security product.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top