• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Mid 80s F during the day, and high 50s at night for this week. Humidity 28%. @simmerskool when I had moved to Houston in the 1980s, I had pictures of it being dry and dusty with tumble weeks rolling down main street. When I go there and saw all the pine trees, it surprised me. What surprised me even more, was the humidity. When it got to the 80's into the high 90s, that's also what the humidity level felt like. You would open your door to go outside and be hit with that hot wall humidity, yikes. Just standing outside you'd start to sweat. Then we would get the 2:00 PM rains that would evaporate off all the tar city streets and turn it into a sauna.

So glad I moved to MN where at times it can only get to -30F with the wind chill in the winter :)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
So glad I moved to MN where at times it can only get to -30F with the wind chill in the winter :)
For a long time International Falls MN was the coldest place in the lower 48. When first married, my wife and I considered settling there as they were offering a 10 acre parcel of land for free if you lived on it for 10 years, after looking into it, we decided not to, just to brutal.

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
1687712054385.png

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
Okay, where I live in Canada it is currently 73 F, and I often gripe about how cold it is here during the Winter, and even during the summer months we get active weather with thunder storms, hail and wind, but then when I see what's happening in Phoenix, AZ. for almost three weeks straight to break a record, with no end in site for another week, and maybe I'm thankful for where I live:

Phoenix Arizona.png

This is insanely hot!

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Okay, where I live in Canada it is currently 73 F, and I often gripe about how cold it is here during the Winter, and even during the summer months we get active weather with thunder storms, hail and wind, but then when I see what's happening in Phoenix, AZ. for almost three weeks straight to break a record, with no end in site for another week, and maybe I'm thankful for where I live:

View attachment 277335

This is insanely hot!
And look at the nighttime temps, no relief there either, yikes. And the old adage, "but it's a dry heat" doesn't fly when it's that hot.

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
And look at the nighttime temps, no relief there either, yikes. And the old adage, "but it's a dry heat" doesn't fly when it's that hot.

A resident of Phoenix was interviewed the other day, and she said they have to live like vampires, only venturing outside before sunrise or after sunset to avoid the extreme, burning heat.

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
So apparently there will be a large gathering of people in Death Valley today since the temperature will hit the highest recorded temperature on Earth which is predicted to be 57C.

While reading that headline I was reminiscent of the scene in the Independence Day movie where all bunch of people are gathering on the roof top of an LA building which is located right underneath the alien spaceship. The people are dancing and attempting to communicate. "I hope they bring back Elvis"

Personally I honestly don't want to know what 57C feels like. No thank you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.