Just watched. OK to watch
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
The movie had a brave ending that most movies would not risk, and it surprised my brother GC and I.A place artificially arranged for keeping or raising living animals.
What Is It?
The 2019 science fiction horror movie Vivarium.
![]()
Vivarium International Trailer #1 (2020) | Movieclips Trailers:
Vivarium (2020) DARK SURREAL HORROR MOVIE REVIEW *spoiler free | Spookyastronauts:
My Thoughts
When I saw the trailer for this movie, I knew that I wanted to watch it. The trailer was weird and different.
It looked like something that I might like. So, I planned to watch it when it came out.
I had somewhat high hopes for this movie. I was hoping not to be disappointed. Fortunately, I was not disappointed.
This movie pretty much met my expectations. It was pretty good.
It kept my attention thanks to the mystery, weirdness, and the performances.
Imogen Poots had the best performance in my opinion. She portrayed an outstanding character. Jesse Eisenberg did a pretty good job as well.
This movie is a bit psychological and combines mystery, science fiction, horror, a bit of surrealism et cetera.
They combine in a way to help you, as the audience, feel or imagine the characters’ experiences.
You might also consider what you would do in their situation.
This movie feels like being trapped in a never-ending nightmare. It’s like a quicksand-like dream. To my surprise, I never found it to be boring.
I tried to imagine what would I do if I were in that situation.
This movie showed what can happen to people and their relationships in a situation like this.
This movie gives some hints of its themes. However, it does not give all the answers.
So it leaves things open to interpretation, and there are unanswered and unasked questions that only slightly bothered me.
I was able to accept this more than I usually would. This movie does this intentionally, and it makes sense for the type of movie it is.
The name of the movie which is Vivarium was a word that I was not familiar with.
So I had to look up the definition of vivarium.
Which according to Wiktionary is:
The movie had a brave ending that most movies would not risk, and it surprised my brother GC and I.
I was impressed by this movie and what they were able to accomplish on a low-budget. It was filmed well and directed well.
The acting was good. It had an interesting concept and was unique.
It is one of the best movies that I have seen this year.
It is a shame that most people will never hear about it or watch it.
I recommend watching this movie at least once.
Imogen Poots was recently in a series "Outer Range" (2022-24) two seasons 15 episodes. Oddly interesting. When you search for her on IMDB it finds her with her photo and movie title "Vivarium" under her pic & it gets some good Metascores. IMDB says it is on Prime. I'll check it out. thanks!Hello @Jonny Quest,
My brother GC and I are the only people I know in real life to have not only seen it, but to have ever heard of it.
We watched it during the COVID-19 lockdown, which was a great time to watch a movie like this, and it impressed both of us by being good like the trailer for a low budget film.
Sadly, it seems almost no one saw it or heard of it, the downside of being released during the lockdown, I guess.
I think that they should re-release it and have it in movie theaters, and then on Netflix, et cetera.
So people can see it.
It was good to see Imogen Poots in a movie again.
I need to watch this movie again one day to see if I still like it as much as the first time.
If you do watch it eventually, feel free to share your thoughts.
Thank you, @simmerskool, I had not heard of that TV show before, it looks like something that I might like.Imogen Poots was recently in a series "Outer Range" (2022-24) two seasons 15 episodes. Oddly interesting. When you search for her on IMDB it finds her with her photo and movie title "Vivarium" under her pic & it gets some good Metascores. IMDB says it is on Prime. I'll check it out. thanks!
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes