Advice Request What security suite or product av choose . Want something whith less FP

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys, i have a lenovo computer whith xeon e3 1230v2. I know it not support windows 11 but i install it and run fine. I am worried about MS declarations who say "Not updates" i want to use another security suite diferent to defender. I have emsisoft but it have too many FP in steam games. Do you know about another av whith less fp like Defender?

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I see the av comparavive you show me, what do you think is better option, avast or kaspersky in free versions?, i do not browse or download files from untrust resources, i only see movies in netflix or prime, i dont play pirate games or use pirate software

G

Guilhermesene

I see the av comparavive you show me, what do you think is better option, avast or kaspersky in free versions?, i do not browse or download files from untrust resources, i only see movies in netflix or prime, i dont play pirate games or use pirate software
In my opinion even free, Kaspersky is the best for protection.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Either one, though most users here will say K is better protection-wise.

Razza

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
For free Kaspersky is hard to beat good protection with low false positive, just wondering was the FP possible in Emsisoft malware detect from signatures the main signatures for it is BitDefender which can sometimes be prone to FP or is Emsisoft behaviour blocker flagging the games as suspicious.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Windows Defender has been working fine for me in terms of gaming and don't usually deal with many issues. Avast would be my secondary option but I have heard issues pretraining to privacy and there might be more FPs as well.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
ESET even sacrifices detection rate to achieve low FP rate.
I disagree. I rather have a slightly higher FP than missed malware or ransomware because detection rate was placed secondary. If you want to game and dont use cracks etc then why use a 3rd party AV at all when MD will do?

At this point it seems highly unlikely that MS will stop updates to unsupported Windows 11 installs.

Last edited:

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
In my opinion even free, Kaspersky is the best for protection.
I would take Bitdefender Free , i don't realy trust K (it sends too much data to other countries) .. even a simple speedtest goes in their lab server;)
But yes protection wise its a very good one (maybe i'll give it another try in the future)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.