Advice Request What software have you bought and don't regret!?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Software I use everyday or sometimes:
Visual Code Professional + GitHub Enterprise
OSarmor
ESET
MBAM Lifetime License
NextDns
Mullvad
AirVpn
IVPN
Macrium Reflect

Licenses I have but don't use at the moment but keep because I like them:
AppGuard
AdGuard Lifetime
Windscribe Lifetime
Kaspersky Standard

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I buy Eset NOD 32 every year a place in Copenhagen, where it's a little cheaper than if I bought it from Esets side. Around 25$ for a year. Legit of course. And in a few weeks I have my new router, so I settle with Nord VPN in the future. Express is too expensive. But it has been the money worth. A little curiosity. Believe it or not. When I use Express VPN on my Macbook. I get FASTER downloads than without. I simply don't get it, but it's a fact. Around 600 MB down with, and 550 MB without? Explain that if anyone can. 🤔
Edit.
I have found out, that one of the reasons, can be that my ISP is down throttling my speed. I have no idea why they would do that, but apparently it happens sometimes. :oops:

Last edited:

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
Believe it or not. When I use Express VPN on my Macbook. I get FASTER downloads than without. I simply don't get it, but it's a fact. Around 600 MB down with, and 550 MB without? Explain that if anyone can. 🤔
That's interesting, but it also depends on the site/platform you download things. Can you share a picture of your internet speed test?

I get 360-400Mbps down and 500Mbps up with EVPN on. My speed drops from 1Gbps down to 360-400Mbps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I can't do it now, but I post a screenshot tomorrow. Have you tried the different protocols there is? I have no idea why Express take that much of your speed. My first thought, is that something is not optimal in your set up. Cya.
-Nevi

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
Have you tried the different protocols there is? My first thought, is that something is not optimal in your set up.
Yeah, I also tried OpenVPN protocol.

I tried other VPN providers. I get 900Mbps down and 800-900Mbps up with Nord, IVPN, Mullvad and so on. I never use the EVPN smart location feature, maybe that's the answer.. Idk. Thanks anyway @Nevi. (y)

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Yeah, I also tried OpenVPN protocol.

I tried other VPN providers. I get 900Mbps down and 800-900Mbps up with Nord, IVPN, Mullvad and so on. I never use the EVPN smart location feature, maybe that's the answer.. Idk. Thanks anyway @Nevi. (y)
It's funny with those VPNs. I just took 2 new test, and you can see Express actually give me more speed. Yesterday it gave me 40-50 MB more, but today it show this. Funny stuff. Express absolutely can be a little gem. But it cost. A VPN that give you extra download points. Spooky. ;)
Edit.
The IP addy is under VPN, so it's not my own. The reason it show VPN covered IP, must be because of the cache. I don't really understand it myself. But if I use CCleaner, it would show my real IP. When I open the VPN, and refresh the site, it's show right. :unsure:

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2024-03-31 kl. 16.04.09.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-03-31 kl. 16.04.09.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • Skærmbillede 2024-03-31 kl(1)_Fotor.png
    Skærmbillede 2024-03-31 kl(1)_Fotor.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m

7Oz-64

Level 1
Jan 16, 2023
IVPN: Using for more than 10 years, no email required, no logs, paid with XMR or cash for anonymity, fast server, V2Ray protocol, obfuscation........Always get fast support with technical response, no part of F*****G EYES.

PowerISO : Can do almost everything, lifetime licence.

WizFile and WizKey : both lifetime, cool for searching files locally and the second is useful for special typo.

Malwarebyt'es and SAS : both lifetime but don't use them atm.

KeyScrambler Premium : Always had the habits to run it, install and forget.

NextDNS : Implemented in Asus Router using Merlin

sypqys

Level 3
Apr 18, 2022
lifetime :
- Office 2019 Pro Plus
- Druide Antidote (in France)
- IDM

in the past :
- NextDNS (one year, after with Synology DS720+ NAS, I use AdGuard Home)
- Atomic Alarm Clock (for Win 10, but with Windhawk in free, is the same...)
- Malwarebytes (for 3 years)
- KIS 2018 (for 3 years)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.