Advice Request What software have you bought and don't regret!?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Software I bought:
Windows Firewall Control (Binisoft, before taken over by Malwarebytes)
Shadow Defender lifetime
Privazer Donors
Bitwarden annual sub to support them
Cryptometer
Emsisoft AV for a few years

Not security but
Adobe Photoshop CS5 (old now but still works just as well as the current monthly subscription. Always regretted I never got CS6, that was the best version ever)
Icecream Ebook Reader (utter rubbish, Calibre is far better and free!)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Phew! Quite expensive, I take it you need all that then. How is it for scrolling captures, I use Firefox built-in
Yes, it is all I need. I mainly use it for image captures and image editing, especially for forums. It makes things much easier to do and cleaner looking. I don't really use the scroll option that much, but at times when I've tried it, it can be a little glitchy. I've always thought that an image can say more than I can at times :)

A couple of examples:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I've bought some software on a whim and did end up regretting some. Yeah.

Have donated to Mozilla Foundation a few times and certainly don't regret that, though.

But for one I don't have remorse at all and that's my Sandboxie supporter's certificate. SBIE is free to use but since I do banking online now, I need a little extra security. So far so good, and the developer is committed to this project and its improvements. (y)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

Have donated to Mozilla Foundation a few times and certainly don't regret that, though.

But for one I don't have remorse at all and that's my Sandboxie supporter's certificate. SBIE is free to use but since I do banking online now, I need a little extra security. So far so good, and the developer is committed to this project and its improvements. (y)
An alternative to Safe Money and Safepay. Very nice; thanks for posting this option :)

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023

In having downloaded it, for my suggesting it to someone as an alternative to Safepay, it looks like it may be a little too intense, not a plug-and-play type of thing, no? I'm sure YouTube has the videos. But, I also don't want to hijack this thread with my question.

Dropbox is also another software/app I gladly pay for. And, Bitdefender as my AV.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Shodan (Lifetime)
Pastebin (Lifetime)
Dropbox (Yearly)
BcWipe Total WipeOut (Yearly)
BcWipe (Yearly)
ProtonVPN, IVPN, ExpressVPN (Yearly)
Macrium Reflect (Yearly)
Privazer Donors/Pro (Donation)
Bitwarden (Yearly)
AppGuard (Yearly)
OSArmor (Yearly)

It's just a hobby eh eh :sneaky:

Last edited:

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

I've used Sandboxie in the past, however I find that its a convulated mess, seems like its a perpetaul beta now, 2 versions, over complicated gui , having to run scripts to tweak settings. If anyone follows the thread at Wilders its like unless you are an advanced user you will be totally lost.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Thanks for the reminder! Forgot AppGuard (Yearly) & OSArmor (Yearly). I use them from time to time and they are worth the price of admission IMHO.

And I agree on Sandboxie. It's big mess. Different versions, different tiers, donations, bugs here and there etc. You need a PHD to follow/use it.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Norton 360 Advanced for 6 years (3x2)
McAfee LiveSafe (10 years) (3x3+1)
Bitdefender for 3 years
CyberLink Director Suite (needed for business)
NextDNS Premium

I think that’s pretty much all I’ve purchased. Rest has all been provided to me 😀

Sandboxie has become rubbish. I would always rather use a cloud service when I need to analyse something.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Windows 7 Ulrimate (still using Windows 10 Pro), Office 2010 and 2019 (still using). What else?
When I bought my notebook and my computer always came with Windows original and pre-installed, but if I have to point out what the best investment in one or more purchases and we would not regret, this would be Microsoft Windows for sure, we use every day, I think it is priceless the Windows operating system, I use more than two decades, there are many people who did not like Windows Vista, Win 8 or other version, but I have to admit the Windows operating system this yes worth every penny paid investment.:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.