Advice Request What software have you bought and don't regret!?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Recent (last year or so)
Family AdGuard Lifetime (for me far far the best)
Always liked Softmaker Office's (2021)
KIS has always been great value - 10 seat 2 year for £45 UKP
Registry Organizer
Black Fog
AdGuard VPN Browser VPN
Not regretted HMP.A
WinRar bought 350 years ago

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
My friend said this:
"Regarding AdGuard, I never used it, so I don’t see why not to trust the reviews. However, it’s a paid service, and yes, uBlock origin is free and is known to be the fastest content blocker. AdGuard may have slight advantages in some domains (Google Safe Browsing not being one of them, because as you may remember, MS’s safe browsing (SmartScreen) proved to be more efficient and is built into Edge AFAIK)"

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Isn't the premium version just a skin?
No, it remove the ads and has some features not available in the free version, such as fileless attack protection.

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Purchased software that I have not regretted:

HitmanPro*
HitmanPro.Alert
Sandboxie under Sophos (back in the day).
NVT OSArmor*

*Currently purchased and active.

I'm trying to save up for some upgraded hardware to my machine, but it occurred to me while typing this that 20 dollars here and/or there is not going to put a dent in anything. Still, there isn't anything out there right now I'm interested in. I'll go thru everybody's lists again and see what goodies you all have. :whistle::coffee::giggle:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
  • 360 Total Security Premium
  • BulletVPN lifetime license
  • EaseUS Partition Master Pro lifetime license
  • Internet Download Accelerator Pro
  • SoftMaker Office 2018
I may think of more later.
Curious to know the reason behind IDA Pro. I had reviewed the free version w.r.t other download managers quite some time back, and it felt lagging behind others. Didn't have multiple queue ability, no refresh links support, limited multi-threading and probably dated looking. The pro version mainly didn't have ads and better multi-threading but not as good as others. However it had really good customization capabilities matched by none.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.