What song/album are you listening to right now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Noxx
  • Start date Start date
Member Chat
8,850 Replies 1,425,472 Views
I saw 38 Special in concert at the UTC Roundhouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee, it must have been in 1984 or 1985. Huey Lewis and The News was the opening act. I don't go to concerts any more but that was one of the better concerts I have seen. It was very solid rock and roll, we all had a great time that night. 38 Special is a different band since then, and has been for over 30 years. I have not heard anything new from them since the Rock And Roll Strategy album in 1988 but I am hopeful this new record will be a good one.
The have released a few albums since Rock & Roll Strategy.
 
The have released a few albums since Rock & Roll Strategy.
I knew they had a few more albums after Rock and Roll Strategy, I think they did a Christmas album too. For some reason I just lost interest in the band in the late 80's. So I have never listened to Drivetrain or Bone Against Steel or anything else they did after Rock and Roll Strategy. It's a different time now though and my musical preferences have changed over the years so I will audition and possibly buy this new album.

C.H.
 
REO Speedwagon - Ridin' the Storm Out.


And remember, you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish :)
reo.jpg
 
Glenn Miller - Perfidia with the Modernairs and Dorothy Claire.
Have heard that version before too. I think the original version is this one and I heard it when I was small,

My dad played it his way on the organ.
Have you tried googling for the lyrics and translating them back to english? Totally different from the Glen Miller version; kept the main gist but changed everything.
 
Have heard that version before too. I think the original version is this one and I heard it when I was small,

My dad played it his way on the organ.
Have you tried googling for the lyrics and translating them back to english? Totally different from the Glen Miller version; kept the main gist but changed everything.

I haven't tried translating them yet, but I really enjoyed hearing about your memories of the song, let alone the above posted version 👏👏
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Back
Top